cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout button no longer works after crash.

SOLVED

Checkout button no longer works after crash.

Ok Ive read like every other article resembling my problem and still cant come up with a solution for my personal problem here.  So here is what happened.  Last week i wanted to find out how to change the url instance of a button on my home page.  So i turned on Template Path Hints to "ON", and Block Hints "ON" under my main web page config/dev. panel.  I hit update config, and it crashed and just went to that white admin login page that you cant actually log into.  Then i saw my frontend was down also.  I googled the problem, and was able to fix it by deleting the entire cache folder in var.  Now after that the next day i noticed i no longer could upload images to edit a static block via the little upload popup box that would usually appear.  I was like ok. So i tried it in google chrome and it worked.  So I just figured it was Firefox acting up.  Now the next day the popup box disappeared in google chrome too.  So i just edited my static blocks via ftp upload.  Now i had a customer try to check out this weekend and was unable to due to this particular error.  No one can seem to click the continue button on this page. fusion checkout page  When i inspect the button element through Firefox i notice it says "function expected"  I think it used to give me a error like "e is not a function" but i cant find that now.  While in the admin panel i would click the blank popup box that would appear when trying to upload a image, and it would give me a very similar or identical error.  So i think something happened when it crashed, but i cant seem to figure it out.  Any  help on this guys would be amazing, as im losing business each day this down. Thanks in advance, and ill try and provide any extra detail you might need.

Fusion Art Glass

Magento Version: 1.9.2.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Checkout button no longer works after crash.

@Damian Culotta

Hey i was able to finally fix the problem about 30 minutes ago, and my customers are able to check out again!  Here was the problem.  I could tell there was a problem with prototype.js minified file from the console error logs.  Found a backup from June, and replaced the buggy one with this one.  Then there was the checkout controller file that i just replaced with my backup, and it somehow fixed everything.  Not sure what the difference was or exactly how those files got edited, but replacing them with my backups fixed my issues.  I can finally again start making money!!!  Wohhoooo!

Thank you so much for replying though Damian.  Much appreciated buddy!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

*Bump*

Please i need some immediate help here.  Ive had 5 people call my galleries stating they are trying to place an order online, and cant.  Ive tried almost everything this morning, and still cant get it to work.

Hi @VolcoM,

Are you able to activate the Magento's logs?

It will be interesting if you can check the system.log and the exception.log. Also, take a look to the error log from your webserver.

It's a little but hard to try to think in a solution without having a more specific error message.

Yes i actually activating them this morning.  Ill see if i can connect to my server via ftp and download the logs, otherwise i will have to wait until i get to my computer at the office.  Also i would like to mention that i tried enabling both default, and awd themes, and the error occured across the board on all three of the themes.  Sorry im not sure if i put that in my original post.

I cant seem to find the exception log.  there is a system log file though.  Ive got both enabled in the backend config to write in the var/logs dir., but i only see the system log file there.

I apologize the exception log file is there.  I cant seem to open them though, but ill host them, and supply a download link to them for yea.

end of

Hi @VolcoM,

I've checked your logs and there are plenty of errors.

I shuld recommend to start to spend some time fixing those errors (maybe you will need qualified support to get the fixes solved quickly).

There are undifined variables, some error with database connections, etc.

@Damian Culotta

Hey i was able to finally fix the problem about 30 minutes ago, and my customers are able to check out again!  Here was the problem.  I could tell there was a problem with prototype.js minified file from the console error logs.  Found a backup from June, and replaced the buggy one with this one.  Then there was the checkout controller file that i just replaced with my backup, and it somehow fixed everything.  Not sure what the difference was or exactly how those files got edited, but replacing them with my backups fixed my issues.  I can finally again start making money!!!  Wohhoooo!

Thank you so much for replying though Damian.  Much appreciated buddy!