cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable product won't add to cart

Configurable product won't add to cart

Hi guys, I hope someone can help me please. I have been trying to figure it out myself ALL DAY to no avail. I have build and manage my site by myself so I know a little bit about Magento... but I am still a bit of a noob... so please be gentle! Smiley Happy

Ok, so URL for the product/page in question is this: http://littleshopofhorrorscostumery.com.au/store/costumes/jurassic-world-costumes/jurassic-world-tre...

I have just figured out how to make my first configurable product, and I thought I won the battle.. But alas when the product is "added to cart" nothing happens.. no error message.. just the wheel of death and it doesn't even time out. Just nothing.

I don't know where to look or what do do or where to start... Can someone please please please give me some ideas and help as to how to get it working please? Thanks SO much in advance.

Alicia

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Configurable product won't add to cart

Hello @littleshoppe

There is two thing

1) form key missing 

2) you are using the third party ajax module, so need to debug for that.

3) Disable custom theme and check with the default theme

for 2) enable log and check any log when somebody clicks on add to cart.

Hope it will help you.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Hi Sunil, thank you SO much for your reply.
I have disabled theme to test and the issue still occurred.
I really don't know how to do those things... Is there a link to some further help you could let me know about please??? Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks again

Hello @littleshoppe

have you disabled ajax add to cart module?

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

I can't find any documentation anywhere on how to do that? I'm so sorry to be a pain.

You need to check your module code inside app/code/Community or app/code/local folder which module is responsible for calling ajax in product add to cart page and disable for a while that extension to solve your query.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Hi @littleshoppe,

The ajax call is returning an error 500.

You should activate the Magento's logs.

Enable Magento's logsEnable Magento's logs

Also yo should check your webserver error log. Since the answer of the request is an error 500 you should find some clue into that log too.