cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact form can't submit, latest version

Contact form can't submit, latest version

Someone else submitted this problem a month ago and got no reply. I piggy-backed a "me too" comment, and also got no reply. Hopefully the third time will be the charm.

When I fill out and try to send the Contact Us form, the message says "Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later."

Per a suggestion from a similar forum topic, I installed SMTP Pro, but it didn't make a difference. The "to" email address is working otherwise.

Magento Standard Version 1.9.2.1

Firefox, Windows 8.1

>>>Rank Newbie trying to set up my shop. No knowledge of coding whatsoever.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Contact form can't submit, latest version

Hi @Meredith

Check the file app/code/core/Mage/Contacts/controller/IndexController, on around line 116, there is an exception being thrown, this can be for multiple reason's my most likely guess would be that your maill log is not writeable, or something along those lines.

You can either log og print the exception (or inspect with xdebug)

To log:

Mage::logException($e);

To print:

echo $e;
exit; // remove again when done testing

You should get a stack trace either printet or in your exception log (That is if you have logging enabled under system > configuration > developer).

Hope this helps :-)

Re: Contact form can't submit, latest version

Thanks for your reply.  I enabled logging, but unfortunately, everything else is over my head.  I can't even find the Magento files (they're definitely not on my hard drive.) I'm going to post a different question under installation, and if I can't figure things out after that, I just may give up :-(

Edited several hours later -- I found the file and the path, and downloaded it.  However, I don't know coding, and need to look up a lot of stuff before I can begin to interpret your answer. This is what I "think" may be the place:

Mage::getSingleton('customer/session')->addError(Mage::helper('contacts')->__('Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later'));
                $this->_redirect('*/*/');
                return;
            }

} else {
            $this->_redirect('*/*/');
        }
    }

}