cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom URL Rewrite produces 404 error (Magento 1.9.2.1 and Nginx)

Re: Custom URL Rewrite produces 404 error (Magento 1.9.1.0)

Hi Martin,

I'd like to point out a couple of things:

1) I've solved my issue: it was a configuration problem: I set up a Multilanguage Magento Store (setting 1 Website and 2 Store View: 'it' Store-View for Italiano and 'en' Store-View for English) but I forgot to create the 2 folder in my public_html (folder en and folder it).

So I created them, I copied into them the index.php and the .htaccess the edited the 2 index.php files in the folders (.htaccess does not  need to be edited if the multilanguage store is set up using the subdirectories you'd edit it if you used subdomains).

I follow the article here http://code.tutsplus.com/articles/magento-seo-internationalization-and-extensions--cms-22378 and I also posted a reply where I pointed out where the steps suggested from the author should not be followed and what to edit in order to get it working properly.

So, now back to your issue: could you please tell me your URL? (if you are not allowed to post it publicly you can send it to me privately: https://romeofesti.freshdesk.com/support/home (then click "Registrati" or mail me to info@romeofesti.eu

please give here also a real example with the real URL so I'll be able to verify the issue. In order to effectively help you I'd also need:

1) access to your CPanel or the possibility to receive the Apache "Error Log" file.

2) access to your Magento admin backend

I won't charge any money and I will post here the solution.

have a great day,

romeo

@romeof wrote:

Hi Martin,

1) I've solved my issue: it was a configuration problem: I set up a Multilanguage Magento Store (setting 1 Website and 2 Store View: 'it' Store-View for Italiano and 'en' Store-View for English) but I forgot to create the 2 folder in my public_html (folder en and folder it).

So I created them, I copied into them the index.php and the .htaccess the edited the 2 index.php files in the folders (.htaccess does not  need to be edited if the multilanguage store is set up using the subdirectories you'd edit it if you used subdomains).

I follow the article here http://code.tutsplus.com/articles/magento-seo-internationalization-and-extensions--cms-22378 and I also posted a reply where I pointed out where the steps suggested from the author should not be followed and what to edit in order to get it working properly.

So, now back to your issue: could you please tell me your URL? (if you are not allowed to post it publicly you can send it to me privately: https://romeofesti.freshdesk.com/support/home (then click "Registrati" or mail me to info@romeofesti.eu

please give here also a real example with the real URL so I'll be able to verify the issue. In order to effectively help you I'd also need:

1) access to your CPanel or the possibility to receive the Apache "Error Log" file.

2) access to your Magento admin backend

I won't charge any money and I will post here the solution.

have a great day,

romeo

Hi Romeo, 

I have the same problem on a multilingual site with 4 languages and many products to language change, giving error 404.

I tried the solution article you indicated, but will not work.

here my post in italian forum: https://community.magento.com/t5/Italian/Magento-multilingua-errore-404-cambio-vista-per-prodotto/m-...

Giulio

Hi Giulio,

any detail about your installation would help clarify the issue.

could you post your site URL?

could you post an example of the redirect not working?

could you give us more detailed info about your multilanguage configuration?

have a great day,

romeo

@romeof wrote:

Hi Giulio,

any detail about your installation would help clarify the issue.

could you post your site URL?

could you post an example of the redirect not working?

could you give us more detailed info about your multilanguage configuration?

have a great day,

romeo

Hi romeof,

Visit this link and change language .: edit, delete link

the strange thing, not all products in the catalog have this problem, and for many the 404 page occurs only if I change the language from Italian to English. For others, it happens to all languages.

Giulio

hi Giulio,

will it be possible to have access to your website?

can you make a backup then give me access?

I won't modify anything and I'd only take a look at your configuration.

if yes, send me privately your credentials.

have a nice day,

romeo

Hi.

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

So I have a category page women.html in store view eng and frau.html en store view german.

It works fine if I switch the language from the dropd down but If I paste the mydomain.com/frau.html in browser while being in other language I get a 404

Hi, the only solution I found resolutive was to rebuild the links of the products with redirects using the "URL Rewrite" of Magento, under the catalog.

In my case it worked, try if it works for you too.

I think the issue is that you don't have an /en and /de directory in your URL path. Your English store wouldn't know the frau.html, and your German store wouldn't know your woman.html, right? By creating language directories you may be able to solve the issue? Have a look below at what romeof wrote..

I've solved my issue: it was a configuration problem: I set up a Multilanguage Magento Store (setting 1 Website and 2 Store View: 'it' Store-View for Italiano and 'en' Store-View for English) but I forgot to create the 2 folder in my public_html (folder en and folder it).

Hi, the only solution I found resolutive was to rebuild the links of the products with redirects using the "URL Rewrite" of Magento, under the catalog.

In my case it worked, try if it can fit anceh for you.

I think the issue is that you don't have an /en and /de directory in your URL path. Your English store wouldn't know the frau.html, and your German store wouldn't know your woman.html, right? By creating language directories you may be able to solve the issue? Have a look below at what romeof wrote..