cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Registration not working in 1.9.2.2

SOLVED

Re: Customer Registration not working in 1.9.2.2

My suggestion, turn on your path hints, go to one of the registration pages and look for the block that ends in register.phtml.

Hi dudesjoerd, can you help even for me to watch where comes my issue in my register page,.?,..here the linkregistration  many thanks in advance,.

After upgrading to Magento 1.9.2.2, or installing security patch SUPEE-6788, it might happen that your customer registration form stops working. After filling in the registration form and submitting it, the page only refreshes without creating a customer account.

The cause

Magento 1.9.2.2 adds a hidden form field with the form_key to the registration form:

<input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey() ?>" />

If you don’t add this line, the form will not be processed. A lot of themes update the register.phtml files, so upgrading Magento will not override these files and add the form_key field.

The solution

Add the following code to the register.phtml file used in your shop (between the <form></form> tags)

<input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey() ?>" />

The default register.phtml files are located in:

app/design/frontend/base/default/template/customer/form/register.phtml
app/design/frontend/base/default/template/persistent/customer/form/register.phtml

If you use the rwd template, there is only one file to update:

app/design/frontend/rwd/default/template/persistent/customer/form/register.phtml

It still doesn’t work

Lots of 3rd party extensions also override the register.phtml files. To locate which template is used in your shop, you can simply enable Template Path Hints in the Magento configuration. Once you have located the culprit, update it as described above. Make sure you clear your cache after you update the template files.

Reset password form doesn’t work

Yes, the reset password form is also updated. The default file is located at

app/design/frontend/base/default/template/customer/form/resetforgottenpassword.phtml

The rwd file is located at

app/design/frontend/rwd/default/template/customer/form/resetforgottenpassword.phtml

Web Development Company