cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer login "error processing request"

SOLVED

Customer login "error processing request"

We have just noticed that when a customer tries to login they get the standard error message: "There has been an error processing your request". However, if you hit the back button you are taken to the site and the login has proceeded correctly.

I'm not actually sure how long this problem has been going for - we wouldn't get many customers logging in, but it was first noticed today after upgrading to 1.9.2.2. I rolled back to 1.9.2.1 but it is still happening. 

The error report always says:

a:5:{i:0;s:70:"Item (Mage_Catalog_Model_Product) with the same id "292" already exist";i:1;s:3585:

"#0 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Collection/Abstract.php(265): Varien_Data_Collection->addItem(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product))
#1 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Collection/Abstract.php(1055): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract->addItem(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product))
#2 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Collection/Abstract.php(871): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract->_loadEntities(false, false)
#3 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Helper/Product/Compare.php(263): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract->load()
#4 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/design/frontend/default/helloresponsive/template/catalog/product/compare/sidebar.phtml(30): Mage_Catalog_Helper_Product_Compare->getItemCollection()
#5 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include('/home/grantvio/...')
#6 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#7 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#8 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(919): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#9 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#10 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(919): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#11 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(637): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#12 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(581): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('left', true)
#13 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/design/frontend/default/helloresponsive/template/page/2columns-left.phtml(50): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('left')
#14 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include('/home/grantvio/...')
#15 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#16 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#17 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(919): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#18 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(555): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#19 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(390): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#20 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Customer/controllers/AccountController.php(119): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#21 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Customer_AccountController->indexAction()
#22 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#23 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#24 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(365): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#25 /home/grantvio/public_html/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#26 /home/grantvio/public_html/index.php(83): Mage::run('', 'store')
#27 {main}";s:3:"url";s:28:"/index.php/customer/account/";s:11:"script_name";s:10:"/index.php";s:4:"skin";s:7:"default";}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Customer login "error processing request"

I think I may have fixed this problem.

1. I disabled the LiteMage caching extension, and cleaned out all the records in LiteMage cache.

2. The first line in the error message said "Item (Mage_Catalog_Model_Product) with the same id "292" already exist". I only had one record with ID of 292 but I deleted it.

Not sure if was either/both of these, but I am now able to log in as a customer with no error message.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Customer login "error processing request"

I think I may have fixed this problem.

1. I disabled the LiteMage caching extension, and cleaned out all the records in LiteMage cache.

2. The first line in the error message said "Item (Mage_Catalog_Model_Product) with the same id "292" already exist". I only had one record with ID of 292 but I deleted it.

Not sure if was either/both of these, but I am now able to log in as a customer with no error message.