cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount coupon doesn't work when applying voucher code at shopping cart page

Discount coupon doesn't work when applying voucher code at shopping cart page

https://www.geocolouredlenses.com/

Above is the URL of the website I'm currently working on. When I tried to apply the voucher code after adding the product to cart, nothing happens at all. I don't see any discount result after applying the correct voucher code. I'm currently using RWD template.

I'm currently using Magento 1.9.2.4. What causes the voucher code to fail? I've followed every instructions on setting up a coupon at Shopping Cart Price Rules page. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Discount coupon doesn't work when applying voucher code at shopping cart page

Hi @connman,

The configuration for the coupon code could be incorrect.
Could you please share screenshots of the coupon code information and conditions?

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Re: Discount coupon doesn't work when applying voucher code at shopping cart page

It's okay. The issue has been resolved already. Thanks for the reply.

Hi @connman,

I'm currently having the same issue. May I know how you resolved the applying-coupon-code issue? Thanks. 

Basically this involves tinkering with the Magento core file. You go to CartController.php file in app\code\core\Mage\Checkout\controllers.

Then search for public function updatePostAction() and then right above $this->_goBack(); add $this->couponPostAction();

This will force call the couponPostAction function the moment you key in the coupon code and click on the Apply button at the Shopping Cart page.

Hope that helps.

I applied the change. It doesn't work.