cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloadable Products are Missing the .Zip Extension

SOLVED

Downloadable Products are Missing the .Zip Extension

Ok so this is weird. I upload a zip file. But when I go in and purchase a product and download it via the "my downloadable products " page the file downloads just fine but is missing the .zip extension. It shows as a "all files" in windows. If I add .zip to it, it will open just fine and is a working zip. Ideas that might help? What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Downloadable Products are Missing the .Zip Extension

Still testing but I believe that I found a solution. In the DownloadController.php I edited line to appear in quotes as shown.

>setHeader('Content-Disposition', $contentDisposition . '; filename="'.$fileName.'"');

Can anyone see a problem with doing this?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I would add that in the media/downloads folder the files are still there with the zip extension. So something about the link being created on the MY DOWNLOADABLE products page is stripping the .zip.

Further testing is showing that this is just in firefox? Edge and Chrome work file and zip extension shows up? Really confused now.

Still testing but I believe that I found a solution. In the DownloadController.php I edited line to appear in quotes as shown.

>setHeader('Content-Disposition', $contentDisposition . '; filename="'.$fileName.'"');

Can anyone see a problem with doing this?