cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down menú dont work in 1.9.2.4.

SOLVED

Drop down menú dont work in 1.9.2.4.

Since a few days ago the menu on my page was drop down, and you could navigate between the categories and subcategories just by hovering over the mouse.

This does not happen anymore, we can only click on the root category but it does not display the other categories.

Do you know what can be done? I've flashed the caches and nothing ...

Happens since a reindexing of the indexes in the catalog, specifically the Category Flat Data index. Since the index manager is shown in "processing" status but never ends, and from there the menus stop unfolding.

If I open Shell and try to reindex from there, the following happens:

php indexer.php –reindexall

The reindexer correctly reindexes the first indexes, but when it reaches catalog_category_flat, it launch the following errors:

Category Flat Data index process unknown error:
exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away' in /var/www/vhosts/web/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:228
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/vhosts/web/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php(228): PDOStatement->execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/vhosts/web/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/vhosts/web/app/code/core/Zend/Db/Statement.php(291): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)
#3 /var/www/vhosts/web/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(480): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#4 /var/www/vhosts/web/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SELECT RELEASE_...', Array)
#5 /var/www/vhosts/web/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(504): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('SELECT RELEASE_...', Array)
#6 /var/www/vhosts/web/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Resource/Helper/Mysql4.php(72): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('SELECT RELEASE_...', Array)
#7 /var/www/vhosts/web/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Lock/Storage/Db.php(84): Mage_Index_Model_Resource_Helper_Mysql4->releaseLock('mage_identiplus...')
#8 /var/www/vhosts/web/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Lock.php(208): Mage_Index_Model_Lock_Storage_Db->releaseLock('index_process_5')
#9 /var/www/vhosts/web/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Lock.php(181): Mage_Index_Model_Lock->_releaseLockDb('index_process_5')
#10 /var/www/vhosts/web/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(469): Mage_Index_Model_Lock->releaseLock('index_process_5', NULL)
#11 /var/www/vhosts/web/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(223): Mage_Index_Model_Process->unlock()
#12 /var/www/vhosts/web/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(260): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexAll()
#13 /var/www/vhosts/web/shell/indexer.php(168): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexEverything()
#14 /var/www/vhosts/web/shell/indexer.php(216): Mage_Shell_Compiler->run()
#15 {main}

And much more errors...

I hope you can help me, sorry for my bad english.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Drop down menú dont work in 1.9.2.4.

Hello @janibol

This is mostly due to any of the below two reasons

1. Server timed out and closed the connection. 
    fix: try increasing the wait_timeout variable in your mysqld’s my.cnf/my.ini configuration file.
  2. Server dropped an incorrect or too large packet. 
    fix : increase the maximal packet size limit by increasing the value of max_allowed_packet in my.cnf/my.ini file.

Please change above value and do restart your mysql server.

Then do reindex and check it.

Still issue there then your module does not support flat catalog, so disable flat catalog and check it.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

View solution in original post

@janibol

Great !!!

if it will work then mark as a solution and give kudos so it will help to someone else.

Sunil Patel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @janibol

This is mostly due to any of the below two reasons

1. Server timed out and closed the connection. 
    fix: try increasing the wait_timeout variable in your mysqld’s my.cnf/my.ini configuration file.
  2. Server dropped an incorrect or too large packet. 
    fix : increase the maximal packet size limit by increasing the value of max_allowed_packet in my.cnf/my.ini file.

Please change above value and do restart your mysql server.

Then do reindex and check it.

Still issue there then your module does not support flat catalog, so disable flat catalog and check it.

Sunil Patel

Yeaaaah!!! Success!!!

I have requested my server to make the changes that you propose, then, i did the reindex and clear the caché, and after this, it worked!!!

Thanks a lot Sunil Patel.

@janibol

Great !!!

if it will work then mark as a solution and give kudos so it will help to someone else.

Sunil Patel