cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Sitemap.xml file Issue on Magento ver. 1.9.3.0

SOLVED

Duplicate Sitemap.xml file Issue on Magento ver. 1.9.3.0

I am sharing the same store for two websites on Magento ver. 1.9.3.0. My main concern is that I want to generate the different sitemap.xml files and robots.txt files for both of them but they are showing the same pages under sitemap.xml for both sites like www.xyz.com/sitemap.xml have the same pages under its sitemap.xml file as www.123.com/sitemap.xml have.

Is there any way to generate different sitemap.xml files for both websites www.xyz.com/sitemap.xml, www.123.com/sitemap.xml and robots.txt files as well.

I have also shared the screenshots for detailed overview. site1site1

site2site2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Duplicate Sitemap.xml file Issue on Magento ver. 1.9.3.0

This will probably happen if you're running both sites on the same magento installation and both stores are configured to generate the sitemap.xml file at the top level. I would recommend configuring the google sitemap settings to generate in a unique folder or unique file name so that the generation of each store's sitemap doesn't overwrite the other. 

This could be:

xyz.com/sitemap/site1.xml

abc.com/sitemap/site2.xml

or

xyz.com/xyx_sitemap.xml

abc.com/abc_sitemap.xml

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This will probably happen if you're running both sites on the same magento installation and both stores are configured to generate the sitemap.xml file at the top level. I would recommend configuring the google sitemap settings to generate in a unique folder or unique file name so that the generation of each store's sitemap doesn't overwrite the other. 

This could be:

xyz.com/sitemap/site1.xml

abc.com/sitemap/site2.xml

or

xyz.com/xyx_sitemap.xml

abc.com/abc_sitemap.xml

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Thanks Tom Robot Happy