cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Issues with Magento 1.9.2.4

Email Issues with Magento 1.9.2.4

Hi,

I am using magento version 1.9.2.4 on a Linux server, and before anyone suggests upgrading my version of mageno, I can't at the moment as I use a 3rd party stock app which is only compatable up to this version currently.

Emails are not being sent by magento, despite getting the 'success' message, from the back end, and also when registering as a 'customer' - but emails are never received.

Set up a cron job to cron.php

but keep getting this error

/home/mydomain/public_html/cron.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory
/home/mydomain/public_html/cron.php: line 2: /**: No such file or directory
/home/mydomain/public_html/cron.php: line 3: access-logs: command not found
/home/mydomain/public_html/cron.php: line 4: access-logs: command not found
/home/mydomain/public_html/cron.php: line 5: access-logs: command not found
/home/mydomain/public_html/cron.php: line 6: access-logs: command not found
/home/mydomain/public_html/cron.php: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/home/mydomain/public_html/cron.php: line 7: ` * This source file is subject to the Open Software License (OSL 3.0)'

I was also told that I could the cron.sh file too, as it does the same job, so I set up a cron to that file, but receive no errors, but still no emails sent.

Ok so I now have two cron jobs set up, 1 to cron.php , and 1 to cron.sh

My webhost, has said that there are NO queued emails on my server.

When looking in phpMyAdmin

Table: mgoe_core_email_queue"Email Queue" - has emails in it

Table: mgoe_core_email_queue_recipients"Email Queue" - again has email addresses in it

Table: mgoe_core_email_template"Email Templates" - is empty

Do I need to set templates and if so where, in the magento back end? - I haven't done anything there as I assumed the default templates would be used.

if I deleted the 'emails' from the two phpMyAdmin parts, would I 'break it'?

or could having both cron.php and cron.sh running be an issue now?

I am not very good with coding, so simple answers for a simple person please lol

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Email Issues with Magento 1.9.2.4

hi, also encountered this email issues in 1.9.2.4 CE email Order #999 (the order confirmation email was sent) but no email received by the customer. please help us with this. thanks

I am 99% sure the cron job is not set up correctly. If you can paste the complete output from the crontab command it would help. If you have SSH access you can run this:

crontab -lu <username>

<< Snipped >>

Sindre M, CEO & Founder
ProperHost.com - The Magento Hosting Experts

SindreM,

Thanks again for your help.  I seemed to have resolved the issue.  Even though smtp pro was saying test email were successful they were not.  Despite that, root cause was on smtp service, so I switch to another smtp relay, and everything is working now.  

Glad to hear that! :-)

Sindre M, CEO & Founder
ProperHost.com - The Magento Hosting Experts