cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not sending (CE 1.9.2.4)

SOLVED

Email not sending (CE 1.9.2.4)

Hello. I'm suffering email issue.

I tried to solve it myself, and I've been searching google...But I could not find any clue for that.

1. Problem

- All the magento email include new order, registration and contact us not sending.

- Sending and receiving through webmail (Roundcube) is OK.

- I'm using Magento CE 1.9.2.4 on Dedicated Hosting (Siteground)

2. What I checked

- Setting on Magento Backend is OK. I guarantee.

- Cron Job is OK. (I tested both default cron setting and AOE Scheduler)

- DB Table 'core_email_queue' and 'core_email_queue_recipients' have a data.

- The status data DB Table 'cron_schedule' is all 'success'. 

I think this problem happed since I migrate my hosting from shared to dedicated. But, Siteground could not find any clue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Email not sending (CE 1.9.2.4)

Finally, I solved this problem by changing cron job setting.

New setting is written below...

/usr/local/php56/bin/php-cli -f /home/MYSTORE/public_html/cron.php >/dev/null 2>&1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi, have you checked if the number of entries in 'core_email_queue' and 'core_email_queue_recipients' are equal? Or in other words, do you have a recipient for every mail in the queue?

I've seen an issue a couple of times now where we had mails in 'core_email_queue' that did not have a corresponding entry in 'core_email_queue_recipients'. This discrepancy brought all email processing to a halt until the entry that was missing a recipient was removed (or until a corresponding recipient entry was created manually).

Did your hosting provider confirm on whether the emails were sent out from the server at all? 

As you are using cPanel, another frequent cause of issues like this is the Email Routing (cPanel --> MX Entry --> Email Routing). We have seen many clients who set this wrongly and that results in email being delivered to the wrong mail exchanger. 

Finally, I solved this problem by changing cron job setting.

New setting is written below...

/usr/local/php56/bin/php-cli -f /home/MYSTORE/public_html/cron.php >/dev/null 2>&1

Happy to hear that it has been resolved. Smiley Happy

What was your previous Cron Job setting like?