cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on manage products page after upgrade

SOLVED

Error on manage products page after upgrade

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me debug this, Iv upgraded from magento 1.5 to 1.9 and this seems to be the only thing thats now broken but I cant figure it out.

I ran the query in the screenshot below on the database and get this back "Unknown column '_table_categories.value' in 'field list'" not sure why it would be trying to join onto that though.

Anyone got any ideas? Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error on manage products page after upgrade

Disabled the module and that fixed it Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

This is because field name might be changed in new/upgraded Magento Version. Just check the database and try to add respective column in in table will resolve your problem.

Thanks.

Yeah that was the first thing I tried but _table_categories didnt seem to be in a fresh magento installation either and when I added it with just id and value columns to make the join work it didnt even see it and spat out the same error.

This is based on the assumption that _table_categories is supposed to be a table with value being the column as thats how I would naturally see that but I cannot find any reference to it anywhere in the database or any fresh databases.

Iv narrowed this down a little further, it seems to be related to the Enhanced Grid module. Im new to magento so not sure if this is a common thing or even if it is a core module or not. Any ideas?

Disabled the module and that fixed it Smiley Very Happy

Thats great!

Yes, that module/extension might have some customization which cause the issue. If you want to enable that extension you need to do customization on your new upgraded Magento copy..