cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Shipping Issue

Free Shipping Issue

Hi,

I'm hoping I can find a solution for this problem. Would there be a way for orders with a value of less than £500 and weighing less than 1000 gsm to qualify for Free UK shipment? Unless both of the conditions are not met the system will not invoke the Free Shipping clause. I have created a Shopping Cart Price Rule, however even when an item is over £500, the free shipment option is still available, I want this to disappear as soon as the item gets to £500 in the cart.

Help would greatly be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Free Shipping Issue

Hello @I_K22

You can try our Shipping Table Rates extension. It will let you create a rule for free shipping based on the combination of order value and weight.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Hi Amasty,

Thank you for your reply. I've been able to slightly fix the problem, however it does the opposite of what I need doing. What I've done is as you add more products into the basket, the cost increases, which as a result gives you free shipping. However, I want the opposite of this, I want free shipping for orders below £500, once the price goes over this, then I want the free shipping option to disappear.

Thank You.

Hi,

Apologies for bumping this message. I am still trying to find a solution to this, but unable to do so. I would greatly it if anyone can aid me in this.

Hi @I_K22

you can achieve it in default Magento on a global level. But if you want a separate method, the Shipping Table Rates extension I've mentioned above, will help. It will let you add a rate from 0 to £500 with a shipping cost = 0.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Remove Shipping Method if Free Shipping Available:

The file you need to adjust is: 

app/ design/ frontend/ default/ YOURTEMPLATE/ template/ checkout/ onepage/ shipping_method/ available.phtml

Copy the above file and paste it under the below path:

app/design/frontend/your_theme_name/template/checkout/onepage/shipping_method/available.phtml

Place the following code right before the <dl> tag that displays the different options.

<?php

if (array_key_exists('freeshipping', $_shippingRateGroups )){

$_shippingRateGroups = array('freeshipping' => $_shippingRateGroups['freeshipping']);

}

?>

Or you can even just unset specific Shipping Methods such as the “Flat Rate Method” using:

<?php

if (array_key_exists('freeshipping', $_shippingRateGroups )){

unset($_shippingRateGroups[“flatrate”]);

}

?>