cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full PayPal refund given, Magento credit memo showing as £0

Full PayPal refund given, Magento credit memo showing as £0

A customer made a virtual purchase and then decided they wanted to cancel the order.

I refunded it in full via PayPal and this automatically generated a Magento credit memo (sent to the customer) but this is showing £0. The email shows the correct order # but the item and sku fields are blank.

When I look at the order in Magento, the status is now "processing" but I am not allowed to cancel it and I cannot generate another credit memo (the option is just not there).

In the comments history, it shows:

• 27 Jun 2017 09:13:37|Processing
    Customer Notified
    Notified customer about creditmemo #100000022.
  • 27 Jun 2017 09:13:35|Processing
    Customer Not Notified
    IPN "Refunded". A reversal has occurred on this transaction because you have given the customer a refund. Refunded amount of £0.00. Transaction ID: "9MT14061UY0529635"
  • 27 Jun 2017 09:13:35|Processing
    Customer Notification Not Applicable
    IPN "Refunded". A reversal has occurred on this transaction because you have given the customer a refund. Refunded amount of £0.00. Transaction ID: "9MT14061UY0529635" Registered notification about refunded amount of £7.95. Transaction ID: "9MT14061UY0529635".
  • 27 Jun 2017 03:19:33|Complete
    Customer Notified
    Notified customer about invoice #100001103.

Thi s doesn't seem right at all. The "Registered notification about refunded amount" (whatever that means) is the correct amount of £7.95, which is what was refunded, but the subsequent refunded amount as far as Magento is concerned is £0.00. This is confusing for the customer an it also messes up my Magento accounts.

What went wrong and how do I avoid a repeat of this in future? Also how do I manually force Magento to cancel the order now?

Using Magento 1.9.2.0 and PayPal Payments Standard (UK).

1 REPLY 1

Re: Full PayPal refund given, Magento credit memo showing as £0

Same issue here, looks like your refund was £0 (ours is just the delivery cost) but other than that the product has be accounted for.

Did you ever figure out the reason for this?

Sorry I can't be of much help but I am looking for the case now so if I find anything I will drop a message back here.