cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Analytics Missing Random Transactions

Google Analytics Missing Random Transactions

Hi all,

In my GA account random transactions are not being reported, and I haven't be able to trace any type of pattern. As an example, yesterday I had 8 transactions - Google recorded only 4.

I have tried tons of ways separately (input tracking code manually, enable Google API in Magento, install Magento extension) yet the transactions are still not correct.

I understand that if someone close the browser before the thank you page loads it will not generate the sale - but the # of missing transactions seems way too high.

I've also set up Paypal auto-return so users are directing to the thank you page on my website, which should trigger ecommerce tracking.

Here is Magento extension link and code as it appears on the thank you page of our site.
https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/google-universal-analytics-1.html

Please help to resolve the issues. Thanks in Advance!

<script type="text/javascript">
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-79434631-1', 'www.testinthebasket.com');
ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', false);
ga('send', 'pageview');
ga('require', 'ecommerce', 'ecommerce.js');
ga('ecommerce:addTransaction', { 'id': 'ORD100002155', 'affiliation': 'English', 'revenue': '190.9900', 'shipping': '60.0000', 'tax': '0.0000', 'currency': 'GBP'});
ga('ecommerce:addItem', {'id': 'ORD100002155', 'name': 'POWERBEATS 2 Wireless In-Ear Headphones - Red', 'sku': 'BT-MHBF2PA/A{15}', 'price': '130.9900', 'quantity': '1'});
ga('ecommerce:send');
</script>

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Google Analytics Missing Random Transactions

Hello @meenahsueh

I would advise you to check what is counted as a transaction in your GA account. There might be inaccuracies in GA eCommerce set up.

What is more, you are right that not all the transactions can be recorded if visitors close browsers before your TY page loads.

You should also understand that Magento and GA are different systems, thus they may count sales differently. If you have such an opportunity, you could also ask Google support team (if you are using AdWords) what is wrong with your eCommerce configuration.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Re: Google Analytics Missing Random Transactions

You can use the below extension to sync missing orders in GA4/UA. Below extension analyses missing transactions between Magento 2 and Google Analytics which occur due to various reasons such as ad blocker, too many products in one transaction, cookies turned off, JavaScript disabled, etc.

The following link Magento 2 missing orders or transactions in Universal Analytics and GA4 would be useful.