cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have additional SKU's show under one SKU

Have additional SKU's show under one SKU

The way our products work is we have seperate codes for different configurations - for example if you order a cupboard you can have this mobile, static, mobile with doors, static with doors, mobile with doors and locks, static with doors and locks. These all have their own codes. I have created the product so the main code is the catalogue page with these seperate codes running as a drop down. However when you search for the individual code the page doesnt come up...

What am i doing wrong?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Have additional SKU's show under one SKU

Hi @T1773Y95,

Are you using a Configurable product? (a product with variations)

They are all simple products, however we have both an 'additional skus' &
dropdown skus box - is there a way we can manipulate the system to search
off these?

Hi @T1773Y95,

So those Additional SKUs are custom options for your product?

We have a section on the product page just labelled 'Additional Skus' im not sure whether this was set up originally or added later... Trouble is I dont know if we need an extension or if there is a way that we can 'tweak' the search off the SKU and the Additional Sku

Hi @T1773Y95,

Can you share a public URL to try to understand that section?

Yes https://www.willowbrookeducation.co.uk/7-high-7-tray-single-unit-a11013

So for example under the unit combination dropdown are the various configurations a customer can order which all have their own individual Sku's. (A11013, A11014, A11015, A11016, A11017 & A11018) I want to be able to enter any one of these codes into the search for the product to come up however currently the product only comes up if you search 'WB13B' (Which i set up as the our catalogue page reference)   

Hi  @T1773Y95,

It seems you're using Configurable products.

The most common configuration is to hide simple products/associated products to avoid those products being buyed as individuals.

If you want to allow, for example, the A11013 product to be buyed, you should edit that product on yoru backend cna change the visibility to "Catalog, Search". I guess right now is not visible.

Am I right?

The whole page is set up as a simple product it is just one single page with the drop downs set under the custom option in magento, however there is a field labelled 'SKU' which has these 'A' references labelled

Hi @T1773Y95,

Ok, mi bad (I was looking the HTML code and for some reason I got the idea of a Configurable, but now I can see my mistake).

So, if you are using Custom options you should create the option as a simple product to allow that prodcut to be buyed.

I guess (maybe) you should re-think your catalog because this kind of scenario maybe will work better with configurable or bundle products instaed of simple with custom options.