cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Trouble Restricting The Quantity of Configurable Products in Cart

SOLVED

Having Trouble Restricting The Quantity of Configurable Products in Cart

I have a configurable product called samples, which is made up of 8 simple products (the various shades you can choose for your free sample) With a simple product you can restrict people to only having one in the basket, unfortunately that option isn't available for the configurable product so customers can add one of each variation into the basket at once.

Is is possible to only allow one version of the configurable product in the basket at one time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Having Trouble Restricting The Quantity of Configurable Products in Cart

@worthyontheweb Ohh I see, I thought you want allow to add single qty only. However yes that's not available on default Magento you need to write code for that Or develop custom extension, possible to achieve.

Cheers

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@worthyontheweb Possible same features available for configurable products as well same as you did for simple products. Only difference is here you need to apply those setting into associated simple products not on configurable product. I guess you had finding same setting into configurable. 

Cheers

-

There isn't an option to only allow one of the configurable product in the basket. There is for it's associated products, so customers can only buy one of each variation but a customer could buy all 8 samples at the same time. I only want them to be able to buy one. 

@worthyontheweb Ohh I see, I thought you want allow to add single qty only. However yes that's not available on default Magento you need to write code for that Or develop custom extension, possible to achieve.

Cheers

-

Thanks for that. I hoped that there was a way to achieve it via the admin panel. Thank you for confirming that there isn't.