cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide/Show editor not working, searched the whole web no solution

Hide/Show editor not working, searched the whole web no solution

Hi,

As my title says it, I have this bug in magento 1.9.3.1. 

I have a theme installed and I can not upgrade it, it's been 2 weeks now and I've searched the whole internet for a solution, I tried everything from reinstalling to changing code, nothing seems to work, I just can't get the edit/hide button working. it only shows html and does not change to text. 

Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hide/Show editor not working, searched the whole web no solution

If you open the developer console of your browser, are there any javascript errors that fire when you click the show/hide button. Any other js or missing file errors would be useful to know about as well. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Hi,

I've tried that too, getting only this error : skin/adminhtml/base/default/onethemes_blog/css/style.css net::ERR_ABORTED

This error happens on every page, tried recording with the console, nothing happens after pressing. I'm just out of ideas

Aborted is a bit of a strange error there but it's a stylesheet for some module so it's likely unrelated. 

Could you double check in your system configuration that the settings for wysiwyg hasn't been set to "disabled completely" http://docs.magento.com/m1/ce/user_guide/configuration/general/content-management.html

Otherwise, I don't think we've got enough information to be able to debug remotely. If it seemed to happen after an extension installation you could disable the extension in its app/etc/modules folder and see if admin starts working again. As that onethemes blog extension appears to be doing something in admin then you could try disabling that one temporarily and see if it makes any difference to the wysiwyg (after flushing config cache).

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

is there already a solution found for this problem. I face the same problem in magento 2.2