cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Migrate two different Magento 1 instances to Magento 2?

How to Migrate two different Magento 1 instances to Magento 2?

I have two different instances of Magento 1 sites. It means different backends and DB. But features are same, Theme is also the same. It makes sense for me to migrate both as different sub stores under a single Magento 2 instance instead of migrating them to two different Magento 2 stores.

Found an article (https://www.icecubedigital.com/blog/how-to-migrate-two-magento-1-websites-to-a-single-magento-2-stor...)which is suggesting below steps.

Let's say instance A and instance B

1. Export products, categories, customers, orders from instance B and import them to instance A under a sub-store

2. Migrate the instance A to M2

The challenge I see here during merge the products ID may change and it may cause an issue while importing the orders exported from B to A.

Please suggest if there is any better approach.

--------
Give Kudos if it helped or if problem is solved Accept it as a solution

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to Migrate two different Magento 1 instances to Magento 2?

Hi @kalyanchakri,

Since you'll have the same order number on both M1 instances you will need to manually transform those references too but isn't an out-of-the-box feature to import that that into Magento.

Maybe you can transform the data on-the-fly with our own importer? How do you plan to import that data into M1?

Hi @Damian Culotta,

Thanks for looking into this. Right now I don't have any ready plan. Just in search of various options. As I found that link in google, reached here to seek some help by sharing that. Not sure how it will help me in real.

As you mentioned yes order number is also a challenge. Thanks for pointing it out. I have more time to do this, so just waiting for help from different communities.

--------

Hello @kalyanchakri,

I think you have to first merge two magento store then try to move on Magento 2. It'll be easy for you - Please think about it.

There is not an easy way per-se to simply merge the data in the two databases, it's simply not the nature of MySql, and the large relational schemas which Magento uses means it wouldn't be as simple as copying data from certain tables into the other database.

The best (and really the only) option you have will be to export your data and then use the same tool to import the data into the other website setup.

My tooling suggestion would be to use uRapidFlow Pro for product information and the built-in Dataflow Profiles for handling customers.

If you have trouble, Please share it.

--
if issue is solved, Click "Kudos" & "Accept as Solution"

Hi @gelanivishal,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am not trying it for now. Will definitely take a look when planned.

--------

Are there limits on data transfer during migration?

Hi @olivier_rogne,

A limit based on which method?