cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import dependent custom options relation (parent-> child relation) in magento using magmi

How to import dependent custom options relation (parent-> child relation) in magento using magmi

Hello Magento Magician,

I am using Dependent Custom Options (configurable) module

https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/dependent-custom-options-configurable.html

To make relationship between custom attributes. I want to import products from csv using magmi.

But how I can map column using column mapper or pass custom attribute relationship to any test column in column mapper and at last customize the magmi core files to make a final array of data then pass that array to magmi's function like magmi datapump api to import the products.

Please suggest how I import custom attribute relation in magento using magmi.

Note : Product type = Configurable

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to import dependent custom options relation (parent-> child relation) in magento using ma

Parent option is the main product variant, i.e., it’s the key product in the hierarchy of product options.

Child options are product variants dependent on the parent option, i.e., they get available (and sometimes displayed) if only the customer selects the main parent product. Until then, they can be unavailable and even hidden from the shopper in some scenarios.

For example:

You are selling t-shirts that come in blue, red, and yellow. There are different sizes available for each color option. If the customer chooses red, they will see XS and M sizes available for the t-shirt. If the customer chooses a blue t-shirt, M size only will get displayed as it’s the only size left for the selected color.

Under such a scenario, the t-shirt colors would be parent options. The available sizes would be the child options.

Like in a parent-child relationship, parents influence the behavior of their children.

Re: How to import dependent custom options relation (parent-> child relation) in magento using ma

@envisionmagento wrote:

Hello Magento Magician,

I am using Dependent Custom Options (configurable) module

https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/eshopy-opet-cekaji-rekordni-trzby-behem-predvanocnich-nakupu/6644/ 

To make relationship between custom attributes. I want to import products from csv using magmi.

But how I can map column using column mapper or pass custom attribute relationship to any test column in column mapper and at last customize the magmi core files to make a final array of data then pass that array to magmi's function like magmi datapump api to import the products.

Please suggest how I import custom attribute relation in magento using magmi.

Note : Product type = Configurable

Thanks in advance

Hello! You must remember that banking products always have control over subsidiaries. Take this into account when establishing connections.