cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import CSV Issue - Won't auto assigned URL Key / Missing default image / Switching Attributes Around

Import CSV Issue - Won't auto assigned URL Key / Missing default image / Switching Attributes Around

Hello everyone.  This is my first post so I apologize if I am not posting this correctly.

I'm experiencing 3 very strange issues when I import a CSV file through Magento's backend SYSTEM/IMPORT.

ISSUE #1.  CSV importing will not auto-fill the URL Key field like it will if you manually add an item.  After I import, if I simply open the item and then save it (don't have to change anything), then Magento will automatically create a URL Key for me.  This was not always a problem.  It started happening recently when I did a bunch of security updates and patches.

ISSUE #2:  I have the default image assigned in the CSV.  When I import the file, the images are attached.  Back when the URL Key was working, I could see the default image of the item when viewing a category.  However, if I edit the file from the backend and save, I instantly lose the image that was assigned as default and all I see is a generic placeholder image.  All the other images are there when you're viewing the item in the product screen, but the small image in category has disappeared.

ISSUE #3:  I sell t-shirts and I have to attributes setup: SIZE and COLOR.  In my Attribute Set, I have assigned for SIZE to be listed first and the COLOR for second.  However, when I import with a CSV they get reversed (COLOR is first).  I have to manually edit the file and move the attributes in the correct order.  It doesn't matter what order I have them listed in my CSV, regardless it always puts COLOR first. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robb