cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Sample CSV (Magento 1.9) full of errors.

Import Sample CSV (Magento 1.9) full of errors.

Hi, 

i'm not an expert using Magento 1.9, actually is my first time using it, and i'm kind of upset.

I have experience with others e-commerce CMS and i'm looking forward to import a CSV with my company products (they already updated manually in a magento store of their own).

So, the first thing i tried was using the profile export all products from the main site and tried to import it in the test env. it gives error like sku is not valid for "" and type is not valid.

This is already bad, since i'm using magento tool to export files so it would be obvious that magento have to accept the same file since is produced by the same Magento (or am i wrong?)

Anyway i went further and i download 3+ Magento 1.9 SAMPLE csv (even from magento official site) and guess what? Still errors (like the above), i solved the type error, solved the sku error, it gives a tax error (magento is in it's base configuration). 

What should i do? I'm really upset and i'm willing to migrate them to another cms since Magento can't take care of an operation so easy as an import even with your sample files, that should just load without errors since you produced them. 

I would like some help, 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: Import Sample CSV (Magento 1.9) full of errors.

No the import is not that tough in Magento. Can you share your CSV so that I can have a look what's wrong in CSV