cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import saying import successfull but no products in database or backend.

Import saying import successfull but no products in database or backend.

Okay everyone, 

I need some help here. I am trying to import over 2000 products into Magento. I started following a guide that described how to Export a single product and how to use that export as a guide to import these 2000 + products. I followed it exactly. Each import has yielded something new. Usually the error is related to sku or type. I have tried changing the file, yet I don't understand why the headers from the original download would be the problem.  This link below is the Excel file I am trying to import.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5o5rbdowlu9kwba/import%20test%20iritated%202.csv?dl=0

Over the course of troubleshooting, I have changed, status (enabled) to 1, I have removed status all together. I have removed Type (Simple) and and tried leaving the Field type empty.  I also changed my tax code from taxable goods to the number 1 and back again. I decided to do a new export just to get the correct headers again, but what I found is a new export file FULL of my products. No matter what I do, how I upload them, they still don't list in the Manage Products Page, or the FrontEnd.

This is the most recent error during upload, based on the file you just saw.

Any help getting this file listed correctly would be a great help! Thank you in advance everyone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rw2swbu0cv1obq/Screenshot_1.png?dl=0

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Import saying import successfull but no products in database or backend.

Hello.

Magento has a list of required fields for upload. During import it might complain on one of them, but problem might be in other too. In your file that you have provided you need to fix Status field, setting 1 for enabled, 2 for disabled. Also in your _type column should be have names of products types (non-capitalized), like simple.

After the changes do not forget to re-save the file with UTF-8 without Bom encoding.  Also try import via Import/Export instead of DataFlow.

Here is also the article with listed mandatory fields and info in them -
https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/required-csv-file-values-for-error-free-magen...

Hope this helps.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Hi @innotechmi

May I know which guide you used as a reference to import the products?

I think you missed the column name _type which should specify product type like simple,configurable, virtual.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

I have been looking at several guides. I was using Data Flow-Profiles. 

I removed _Type because it was giving me errors while importing saying that Type wasn't valid.

So I guess my question is, how can I fix the excel spreadsheet I provided so that it will be successful in uploading?

P.S. I did find that the products are partially listed on the website. For example, they are listed in their assigned category, but not in the parent category. Ex: ink and toner all is empty, but ink and toner- brother- laserjet contains products.