cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Image - Media sub folders don't show images / they show redundant folders

Insert Image - Media sub folders don't show images / they show redundant folders

-When I go to add a general media image through the admin Insert Image, whether it's a CMS, block etc, the image selector will only allow me to select images within the media folder itself.

-Sub folders are shown on the left, but selecting a sub-folder does not produce/show the images that are actually in the sub folder via FTP.

-Trying to upload an image to a sub folder through the Insert Image window, the image gets automatically uploaded to the main media folder, not the sub folder.

-While viewing the sub-folders in the Insert Image window, each sub folder has a + next to it, as if it is nested, when there are actually no real nested folders. It shows a redundant nest of the same media sub folders again and again. See attached pic. 

Images are all viewable via the front end if I type the coded image address myself. 

Admin Image Bug

Permissions on folders are a mix of 777 and 775, files are 644.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Insert Image - Media sub folders don't show images / they show redundant folders

I noticed an extension rewrite of my WYSIWYG editor. Disabling the extension allows me to use the image uploader properly within the WYSIWYG media folder.

Can anyone check out this code and let me know if something looks off?

{
   public function getStorageRoot()
    {
        $currVersion = Mage::getVersion();
        if (version_compare($currVersion, '1.4.2.0', 'gt'))
        {
            return Mage::getConfig()->getOptions()->getMediaDir() . DS . $this->_getImageFolderPath()
            . DS;
        }
        else
        {
            return Mage::getConfig()->getOptions()->getMediaDir(). DS;
       }    
    }

private function _getImageFolderPath()
    {
        //$folderPath = Mage_Cms_Model_Wysiwyg_Config::IMAGE_DIRECTORY;
        $folderPath ='.';
        return $folderPath;