cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is cron mandatory for Magento

SOLVED

Is cron mandatory for Magento

Hello,

The question is simple, do I need a server that is able to run cron jobs to work with magento?

I am designing and editing a magento shop and recently started getting into the whole newsletter topic. I am working with the MageMonkey extension and I noticed that all of the automated exports, imports etc. are not working.

I installed the AOE Scheduler extension to check, but I got the message 'no heartbeat task found'. After running all the scheduled tasks manually via the interface, I simply shows 'Last heartbeat is older than xy minutes.'

After going through all kinds of posts on here and on other pages, I finally checked my hosting providers services and found that cron jobs are not supported in the current package.

Am I correct that to get MageMonkey working, as well as all the other automated tasks in Magento, I need a hosting provider or package that supports cron jobs?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but it is my first time working indephs like this.

Greetings!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is cron mandatory for Magento

Hi @rrehn

You need a need a hosting provider that supports cron job as Magento 1.9.1 all the email transactional as well as newsletters are sent by cron jobs.

You should also visit the magento system requirement documentation System Requirements for Magento Enterprise Edition 1.14.1 and Community Edition 1.9.1

Thanks

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @rrehn

You need a need a hosting provider that supports cron job as Magento 1.9.1 all the email transactional as well as newsletters are sent by cron jobs.

You should also visit the magento system requirement documentation System Requirements for Magento Enterprise Edition 1.14.1 and Community Edition 1.9.1

Thanks

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Thanks for the quick reply. Gonna have a look at the requirements.

Thanks!