cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with product Listing, Blank Attribute Drop Down

Issue with product Listing, Blank Attribute Drop Down

Magento 1.9.3.7 After the update i no longer see the products options. The drop down list Is coming up as blank. I have been looking to fix this for days and have tried every possible solution. Could anyone kindly help me how to go about this issue. I have tried to install te Magento files again Currently i am using the default theme to make sure it was not the issue with my themethis dropdown shows emptythis dropdown shows empty

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Issue with product Listing, Blank Attribute Drop Down

Few things I can think of to check:

• Does the rest of the page function correctly?
  • Do the products still look configured correctly in the admin area?
  • Does the dropdown function, it's empty, or is it broken?
  • Do you have any extensions in place that modify products functionality that you could disable briefly to see if they are affecting it?
  • Can you check the Magento and PHP logs for any errors
----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Hi Tom,

thank you for your reply. to answer the points you have raised.

1. No, the pages where products have options, i also do not see the product image
  2. Yes, Products are correctly configured in the admin area (please see screengrabs)
  3. Yes, i have checked the products with disabled extensions and theme (no affect)
  4. Great advice, I did notice that the logs were OFF. I turned the logging on and see errors, Including log file here. Could you please advise what it may mean. Issue appear to be with the followingCapture_1.PNGcapture_3.pngCapture.PNG file.
    Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Type_Configurable.php
  5. 2017-12-04T09:54:24+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()  in /home/macsolut/public_html/mshop/includes/src/Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Type_Configurable.php on line 354

Update on this issue.

i have been trying to trouble shoot this by disabling different modules that were throwing errors shown in the log file.

Finally it turns out the issue is with the file:

/app/code/local/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Type/Configurable.php

When i disable the file, the issue is fixed and the product options start to appear in the drop down.

My question however, what is the functionality of this file. I may have fixed one issue but will it affect any other functionality ? Any explanation on this file be great help. thanks.