cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9.2.2 does not send email for user registration and reset password

Magento 1.9.2.2 does not send email for user registration and reset password

Hi all,

Since upgrading to 1.9.2.2, it looks that something crashed in mail scripts, since Magento 1.9.2.2 cannot write registration and reset password e-mails on the database (tables core_email_queue and core_email_queue_recipients).

I must mention that ALL order e-mails are working without any problem, after I manually confirm users or for users already registered in the past! The problem is only with NEW users registration or old users trying to get the reset password e-mails.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Magento 1.9.2.2 does not send email for user registration and reset password

The latest version / SUPEE-6788 requires you make a few changes to any custom files you use as follows:

1. If you have a custom "register.phtml" template file for customer registration, you need to add a hidden "form_key" entry:

<input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey() ?>" />

2. If you have a custom customer.xml file, you need to change the "customer_account_resetpassword" section as follows:

-    <customer_account_resetpassword translate="label">
+    <customer_account_changeforgotten translate="label">
-            <block type="customer/account_resetpassword" name="resetPassword" template="customer/form/resetforgottenpassword.phtml"/>
+            <block type="customer/account_changeforgotten" name="changeForgottenPassword" template="customer/form/resetforgottenpassword.phtml"/>
-  </customer_account_resetpassword>
+    </customer_account_changeforgotten>

3. If you have a custom forgottenpassword.phtml file, you need to change the form line to:

<form action="<?php echo $this->getUrl('*/*/resetpasswordpost'); ?>" method="post" id="form-validate">

Do those things, clear your Magento cache, and those features should be working again.

Re: Magento 1.9.2.2 does not send email for user registration and reset password

Thank you for your reply.

There is no custom "register.phtml" nor "forgotpassword.phtml".

As far as "customer.xml" concerns, I am not sure at which one you are pointing at, as there are 7 of them... can you tell me on which folder I should look, please? Smiley Happy

If you have ssh access, go to:

app/design/frontend

and run the commands:

find -name register.phtml

find -name forgotpassword.phtml

find -name customer.xml

register.phtml should be in folders such as:
app/design/frontend/XXX/default/template/persistent/customer/form/register.phtml
app/design/frontend/XXX/default/template/customer/form/register.phtml

forgotpassword.phtml:
app/design/frontend/XXX/default/template/customer/form/forgotpassword.phtml

customer.xml:
app/design/frontend/XXX/default/layout/customer.xml

These are the files that need to contain the above mentioned fixes.

Thanks, but as I said I've found immediatly the two files, both "register.phtml" and "forgotpassword.phtml" but they are not custom, both are the same size and date with the original ones from magento's install archive.

In that archive there are 7 instances of customer.xml. I checked the one from app\design\frontend\base\default\layout\ path, I have no overwrites there, also. Same size and date as the one on my server.

Thanks anyway for your time and for indicating which files I had to look into!

I followed the steps in magento 1.9.1.1, and still without sending email to "forgot my password"

register.phtml and forgottenpassword.phtml is not customized

app/design/frontend/default/mytheme/layout/customer.xml I have modified

Delete <customer_account_resetpassword translate="label">
Add <customer_account_changeforgotten translate="label">
Delete <block type="customer/account_resetpassword" name="resetPassword" template="customer/form/resetforgottenpassword.phtml"/>
Add <block type="customer/account_changeforgotten" name="changeForgottenPassword" template="customer/form/resetforgottenpassword.phtml"/>
Delete </customer_account_resetpassword>
Add </customer_account_changeforgotten>

Receipt email new customer registration, orders, invoices, etc., the only thing not getting email is "forgot my password"

I checked and have the file
app/locale/es_ES/template/email/account_password_reset_confirmation.html and app/locale/en_US/template/email/account_password_reset_confirmation.html

The cron works correctly every 5 minutes

I can resend email orders, invoices, shipping ....

In system.log, no errors

when I type email, displays the message "If there is associated with email@gmail.com account will receive an email with a link to reset your password."

In the BBDD magento, in the table customer_entity_varchar creates a record key correctly

you just need to send the email

any ideas?

Please i cant even receive emails. New registration mails, order mails, shipping mails, all mails.

N i dont know what is causing it. Whether it is cron or SMTP pro. I tried looking for aschroder SMTP pro in magento commerce to download to magento connect but it did not work. Please someone help me out, i would be grateful