cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Errors and High Resource Usage

Magento Errors and High Resource Usage

Hello,

Sorry if I am in the incorrect place for this post, rather new to this.

I have a magento website (community edition 1.9.2.2) that appeared to be running fine up until recently, whilst I was developing it under a temporary URL.

Recently however I have noticed that our CPU usage and other resources are maxed out and the whole website crashes from time to time. I have ticketed my hosting and they can see nothing abnormal on their end and haven't really offered any information as to what is actually using up the resources so much.

I have checked the error logs in root and see a lot of the following errors:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot access  property Magento_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql::$_pdoType in /home/anglersc/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php on line 78

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot access  property Mage_Core_Model_App::$_areas in /home/anglersc/public_html/includes/src/__default.php on line 21636

I have tried undoing some recent changes and uninstalling extensions to try identify the cause but seem to be getting nowhere.

I have included my server specs below, as you can see they should be more than capable of running Magento.

Server info:

20GB disk space
800GB transfer
Unlimited email accounts
2 FULL CPU cores
2500MB memory
250 Concurrent Connections
Pure SSD Disk Storage
Nginx + Varnish Super-Fast HTTP

Would someone out there have experienced this and have any advise they can offer to help me resolve this?

I would appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Thanks in advance.

Mathew

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento Errors and High Resource Usage

I would recommend you to turn off Magento compilation mode first, because: it can cause you 

- it can cause you issues, especially because of not-that-good 3rd party extensions

- it's easier for debug, error in log files will be more meaningful than this one you have written here

In order to do that, go System > Tools > Compilation page and click on Disable button.

Clear the cache and keep monitoring system/exception logs if anything strange happens in future.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

Re: Magento Errors and High Resource Usage

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

With a bit of time and effort I have now managed to get my CPU usage on the hosting down considerably.

I did a process of elimination, I first removed a couple of Third Party extensions and then I also discovered advise on using Flat Categories and Flat Products.

With this I am now backing everything up and trying to re-install the extensions one by one to see if either of the two removed were the cause. I have done one already and everything is still stable.. one to go, fingers crossed!

We do have a lot of products (in the thousands!) so it may very well be that I just needed to the the Flattened Categories and Products... I do hope I can re-enable them at some point but at least I can take it one step at the time now.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply and I hope that what I have written here might help anyone else having the same issue. Smiley Happy