cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento SOAP/XML-RPC error

Magento SOAP/XML-RPC error

I am trying to connect my Magento store ver. 1.9.2.0 to a postal service through SOAP/XML.
I set up a role and user in Magento but every time I enter the same information on the other account I get error unable to connect store.
Is there any logs in Magento that will point me the source of this error

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Magento SOAP/XML-RPC error

Hi @SethAT,

Maybe you can check inside the magento var directory if you are getting some logs or reports. Algo the webserver error log could help you to find errors sometimes. (Only if the problem is on your Magento install of course)

Thanks @Damian Culotta for your suggestion, I have check my magento var directory logs but can't see any errors regarding this issue. I has also check my webserver error log and there is nothing. when I contacted the 3rd party they advice there could be some sort of restriction in place but I do not believe that. I thought there may be some logs specifically for the SOAP/XML-RPC client

@SethAT

Can you share the client's error? (Also, how they are trying to connect too)

Hi @Damian Culotta, I am not actually getting any error messages in my magento but when I enter the credentials on the 3rd party site, that's where I have the error. Please see attached screenshot. royalmail.png

Sorry, I can't see hte attached image. Maybe some moderator needs to approve your message.

Can you share the error en text format?

Hi @Damian Culotta sorry for the late reply. The error message is in red at the bottom of the screenshot. It states "Connection to your marketplace failed. Please check your details and try again"

I hope this helps.

Hi @SethAT,

Now I was able to see the screenshot.

It seems the problem is with RoyalMail. Isn't a problem of Magento it self.

Maybe you can require support to the service? Are you using some specific module to connect Magento with RoyalMail?

Hi @Damian Culotta,

Thank you for your feedback.

I thought the issue was with RoyalMail but I contacted them and gave them  access to my Magento but all they came up was there was 'Access Denied' errors from Magento when they attempted to connect to my Magento store, which suggests that there is some form of firewall or IP restrictions in place which is preventing their access to my Magento.

No I am using any module to connect Magento to RoyalMail. I am using the built-in SOAP/XML-RPC In Magento

Maybe you can runa  simple test, with something like this with a php file on your computer:

<?php
//URL
$client = new SoapClient("http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php/api/?wsdl");

//Login
$session = $client->login("your_user", "your_password");

//Request all countries
$countries = $client->call($session, "directory_country.list");

//Print response
print_r($countries);

//Logout
$client->endSession($session);

Can you try the example?