cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento connects to wrong mongodb server

SOLVED

Magento connects to wrong mongodb server

I have copied my project from production environment into dev environment and so needed to update configs to the ones used for dev environment.

I updated the connection_string in app/etc/mongogento.xml and other config files but my Mage code still selects the production mongodb server ("dbserver:27017") instead of the dev mongodb server ("localhost:27017"). I have done a global search but I don't see "dbserver" mentioned anywhere. Tried restarting nginx abd php-fpm too to see if a value from cache is being used but i still get the same error: 

Fatal error: Uncaught MongoDB\Driver\Exception\ConnectionTimeoutException: No suitable servers found (`serverSelectionTryOnce` set): [connection timeout calling ismaster on 'dbserver:27017'] in /var/www/api/vendor/mongodb/mongodb/src/functions.php:431 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/api/vendor/mongodb/mongodb/src/functions.php(431): MongoDB\Driver\Manager->selectServer() #1 /var/www/api/vendor/mongodb/mongodb/src/Collection.php(651): MongoDB\select_server() #2 /var/www/api/app/code/community/Smile/MongoCore/Model/Resource/Override/Core/Store/Collection.php(92): MongoDB\Collection->find() #3 /var/www/api/lib/Varien/Data/Collection.php(752): Smile_MongoCore_Model_Resource_Override_Core_Store_Collection->load() #4 /var/www/api/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(636): Varien_Data_Collection->count() #5 /var/www/api/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(477): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initStores() #6 /var/www/api/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(285): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initCurrentStore() #7 /var/www/api/app/Mage.php(627): Mag in /var/www/api/vendor/mongodb/mongodb/src/functions.php on line 431

Note that mongo db connection using MongoDB Client works properly since I am explicitly mentioning the server name like so:

$client = new MongoDB\Client("mongodb://localhost:27017");

My test code producing the error: 

$root = (filter_input(INPUT_SERVER, 'DOCUMENT_ROOT'));
require $root. '/vendor/autoload.php'; // include Composer's autoloader
require_once $root . '/app/Mage.php'; Mage::app('admin'); ?>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento connects to wrong mongodb server

Turns out Magento was reading the configuration from the redis database. Clearing the database helped solve this issue for me.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento connects to wrong mongodb server

Turns out Magento was reading the configuration from the redis database. Clearing the database helped solve this issue for me.