cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento randomly logging out on back end and losing session on front end.

Magento randomly logging out on back end and losing session on front end.

Hi There

We've got a very odd issue where our Magento 1.9.0.1 installation has suddenly started periodically logging us out of the back end whilst simultaneously on the front end it seems to forget peoples session - like if you click 'add to basket' it just sends to 'there is nothing in your basket' page. If they were logged in then suddenly they are logged out as well.

We have 2 web servers, a database server and a load balencer. My thought was it was an issue with the sessions being stored incorrectly but the hosting company have investigated and everything seems correct from their end.

It happens periodically - like once a day for approx 20-30 mins which makes it infuriating to capture. By the time I got hold of the server company it's starting to resolve itself.

Long shot but anyone any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento randomly logging out on back end and losing session on front end.

While I have had a issue similar to yours, it was not a 20-30 minute period daily. It seems like something is failing. Either the connection to the sessions or the place where the sessions are stores.

Are you able to monitor uptimes on your servers yourself?

Are you able to monitor the server logs yourself?

-Kris
4x Certified, Blogger @ xgento.com

We're seeing the same issue in the same setup, 2 web server, 1 load balancer, 1 db server, were you able to find a solution?

Were you able to find a fix for this? We having the same issue in our 1.9.2.1 installation. We are seeing two frontend cookies .www.[ourdomain].com and www.domain.com. When we clear these two cookies and the frontend_cid cookies, the sessions work. But unless we clear, we keep getting "cart is empty" after adding items to cart. This issue doesnt happen always. Randomly on some machines more often than others.

Sathish