Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento redirect to cart after checkout/onepage/

Magento redirect to cart after checkout/onepage/

Magento : 1.9.2.1

Server : Gandi shared simple hosting L

Memory_limit sever : 128M / 256M APC cache

Hi, 

Since the upgrade 1.9.2, and 1.9.2.1, i have this issu that keeps coming back. Magento keep redirecting the client from the /checkout/onepage/ to the cart. 

Here is the way to reproduce the problem :

When a registered client click's on "Checkout" in the cart, it lead's him to the page where he can choose his dilivery adress. When he click's on "continue checkout", it redirect's him to the cart, and if he click's again on "checkout", it give's an error 500. 

I've managed to resolve part of it by upgrading my server from 128M / 128M APC cache to 128M / 256M APC cache. But sometimes magento keep raising that limit and the error happens again.

Is there a way to know what ask's so much memory during that checkout procces that i could reduce in order to avoid this error ? Can a varnish cache be the solution ? 

Kind regards, 

Marc

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Magento redirect to cart after checkout/onepage/

Could you check your apache error logs and magento var/log/exception.log when you get the 500 error and see if they show anything up?

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi, 

Thank you for your response. I've looked into the logs and here are the 2 errors : 

1 - In the apache logs : 

[Fri Aug 14 14:06:43.908607 2015] [:error] [pid 528:tid 3048447788800] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client 77.147.62.115:3790] FastCGI: failed to read from backend server, referer: http://www.monsite.fr/checkout/cart/

2 - In the php logs :

[14-Aug-2015 14:06:43] WARNING: [pool www] child 617 exited on signal 11 (SIGSEGV) after 28.418366 seconds from start

Nothing in the magento logs (exceptions...etc). The only way to erase the problem is to disable completly APC cache from gandi. When i activated the APC cache (File cache + user cache) i had the error all the time. I think the checkout has to put more then 128M in ram cache (client info/client cart/client adress), and with the 256M APC cache that get's full it crashes ? Don't hesitate to say if this theory is wrong Smiley Wink

I asked my hosting provider to change the value of apc.shm_size from 256M to 64M but on a shared server this is not possible. The strange part is that i have 3 other sites exactly the same (same size/same server/same configuration), the only thing that changes is the version of magento. 

Hope someone finds a solution.

Kid regards.

Marc

Hello,

I have a 1.7.0.2 version of Magento, and i have the same problem like Marc.

I updated my shop from 1.7.0.2 to 1.9 last week but due to a bug in product pages, i moved back to 1.7.0.2 with my backup.

And now i have this problem and i don't know how to upgrade my server from 128M / 128M APC cache to 128M / 256M APC cache.

Could you say me how to do that please ?

I'm hosted by OVH.

Best regards,

Bertrand

Hi Bertrand,

You need to check on your hosting provider how much memory your alowed to use on your shared server (they usely don't communicate about that because it is very low) ? Are you on a shared or dedicated server / how much do you pay per month / are there a lot of websites on it...etc Those are the question's you need to check in order to know if you need to upgrade. 

The termenology 128M/128M APC is specifik to gandi, because they offer APC cache and Varnish included in there price for shared hosting. This helps you accelerate a lot your website, but can also be a problem for some. Here are the different size of memory of gandi (https://www.gandi.net/hebergement/simple?language=php&db=mysql&grid=A)

| size   | memory_limit | apc.shm_size |

|--------+--------------+--------------|

| S      | 128M         |          64M |

| M      | 128M         |         128M |

| L      | 128M         |         256M |

| XL     | 128M         |         512M |

| XXL    | 256M         |        1024M |

I hope someone can help me to identifie the ceckout proccess in term of memory use so that we can see i someting is wrong there. 

Kind regards, 

Marc

Hi Marc,

I have the same issue, and I also use Gandi.

Could you please let me knwo how you to proceed to disable APC.

Did you find a solution for youyr problem ?

Kind regards,

Siegfried.

Hi Siegfried, 

In order to disable the APC in gandi, you have to add these codes to php-custom.ini on your server : 

This code disable the garbage collector, try this one first to see if it helps : 

zend.enable_gc = 0       

If it doesn't, you have to shut it down completly by adding these lines : 

apc.enabled = 0
apc.cache_by_default = 0

Don't forget to restart your server in order to see the result. Normaly you shouldn't see any files being put in cache. This will solve the problem but you won't have the APC anymore. 

Kind regards, 

Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your fast reply.

You made my day, it's working now.

Would it also be possible to disable Varmish Cache, since I use another cache system ?

Kind regards,

Siegfried.

No problem Siegfried, i broke my head on it for a week. I'm glad you didn't had to go thrue the same headache as me, gandi didn't really help me Smiley Wink

--------------

For the Varnish cache, you should check if you really use it. Click on the link : 

http://www.webrankinfo.com/outils/header.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pourgrandchien.fr&ua=internaute

If the age of your varnish cache says 0, you don't use it.

--------------

If you have the time, don't hestitate to clik on "kudos" for the solution post Smiley Wink

Kind regards, 

Marc

Hi Marc,

It says indeed 0, so I'm good.

Again, thanks for your time and your geat support.

Kind regards,

Siegfried.