cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento search results page 500 Internal Server Error

SOLVED

Magento search results page 500 Internal Server Error

Hi,

I have recently upgraded our magento from version 1.6 to version 1.9.3.7.
Everything seems to be working fine except the search results page which display everything up to the breadcrumb ( Search Results For: "search string") and blank below that.

I have an Ajax search module installed and I can see the search works in the background as I get suggested results as long as I don't do a full search.

I've checked the logs and can't see any error. Using the dev tools in Chrome I can see that the catalogsearch/result/?q=searchstring gives a 500 Internal Server error but I have no idea what the problem is.
Do you have any pointers please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento search results page 500 Internal Server Error

I found the issue, it was actually the XML layout that needed to be updated to work with a layered navigation extension we have.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @ruby0080,

If you are getting an error 500 you should start looking at your webserver error log.

Also, take a look to the Magento's reports directory.

It will be a good idea to enable the Magento's logs too.

Enable Magento's logsEnable Magento's logs

I have looked at the webserver logs but can't see anything I think would be related.
Magento logs are enabled and nothing comes up in there either and no report relates to this problem.

I found the issue, it was actually the XML layout that needed to be updated to work with a layered navigation extension we have.