cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento version 1.9.1.0 going back to home page

SOLVED

Magento version 1.9.1.0 going back to home page

Hello there

I have a magento website and i bought a template from template monster and at the time i have version 1.7 . My programmer said they can change it to be compatible to 1.9 so i went with this.

I had some issues and they slowly got fixed but one remaining issue i have is some customers are complaining the site keeps going back to the home page all the time with them and they cant download the items.

This issue happens to me all the time when im on my mobile and i change from my home wifi to mobile network . i will press to goto admin and it goes to home page everytime so im thinking it might be something to do with ip address changing and the people who are having this issue have a internet provider that change there ip address all the time . Can someone tell me what the issue maybe so i can get someone to fix this 

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento version 1.9.1.0 going back to home page

Unfortunately without access to your server, we will not be able to determine the exact cause of the issue. 

If you are almost sure that the issue is caused by your ISP constantly changing your dynamic IP, you may want to try modifying the Session Validation Settings in your Magento Admin --> System --> Configuration --> Web where you can set No to everything that is set to Yes, clear your Magento cache and see if it works. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Unfortunately without access to your server, we will not be able to determine the exact cause of the issue. 

If you are almost sure that the issue is caused by your ISP constantly changing your dynamic IP, you may want to try modifying the Session Validation Settings in your Magento Admin --> System --> Configuration --> Web where you can set No to everything that is set to Yes, clear your Magento cache and see if it works. 

Hello there

Thankyou for your reply will a template cause this issue and I can give you access to the server if you can help me

I think the issue of changing ips is fixed now but I'm still having a problem sometimes with the product urls going back to the home page instead of going to the product and then on the second time I click the exact url it works

I just tried your solution and it looks like it worked ill try over the next week and keep you posted on what happens but so far so good

ok i tried your solution and it worked a treat i have a bigger issue now

Customers can't add things to cart and the flush cache in admin doesn't work can you help as its urgent. All sorts of funny things are happening i have even tried restoring the site back to a date it was working and still not working any suggestions please or can i get you to have a look at it for me 

Sorry for the delayed reply as I was caught up with many projects at the end of last year so I have not been checking the forum until now. 

Are you still facing this issue now? 

What error do you face when you try to flush cache in Magento Admin? 

Have you tried clearing the cache files under /var/cache manually instead?