cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating user passwords from xCart to Mangento

Migrating user passwords from xCart to Mangento

In the process on migrating from xCart 4.7 to Magento 1.9.  I used Cart2Cart for the migration but they don't support the user/customer passwords.

I have spent a couple of days searching around trying to find a solution but other then what looks like old scripts I've had no luck.

Could someone please point me in the right direction.  14k customers have already been migrated over just needing to move their passwords.  I'm very open to any other suggestions as well. (send email to all 14k and ask them to reset their password)

Thanks in advanced.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Migrating user passwords from xCart to Mangento

If xCart passwords are encrypted (they should be), then your only option is to extend Magento password validation object so that it supports xCart password encryption approach. Or find some kind of workaround, such as forced password change (send automatic password reminders to everyone). This is actually even better than mucking around with authorisation algorithms.

Tanel Raja

Re: Migrating user passwords from xCart to Mangento

Some migration plugins supports to migrate user pasword from xcart to magento. You should try Magento customer password plugin.