cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Page Checkout final step reverts back to shopping cart

SOLVED

One Page Checkout final step reverts back to shopping cart

Hello,

I currently use magento ver. 1.9.2.3. I started with this version no upgrades, no patches installed. The checkout used to function properly and once you hit proceed to checkout, the customer gets a confirmation that the order went through. However, recently when you hit the final stage(address and payment info has been collected at this stage) which is proceed to checkout, it takes the customer back to shopping cart to restart the process again instead of giving a confirmation number. For a particular customer, the credit card was processed and the only way I knew this was when I went into the POS (merchant website). Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: One Page Checkout final step reverts back to shopping cart

Ok, but can you check with another payment gateway?

The idea is to evaluate if the checkout works properly with another payment gateway to be sure if the problem is within the Payment method or the checkout.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @debby2015,

Could you take a look to the Magento error logs (system.log and exception.log) and, also, the webserver error log?

Hello Damian,

thank you for your response. Please see below for the errors. 

System.log

2017-03-30T08:45:02+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/lib/Zend/Controller/Request/Http.php on line 508 2017-03-30T08:45:02+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/lib/Zend/Controller/Request/Http.php on line 514 2017-03-30T08:45:44+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/CacheController.php on line 104 2017-03-30T08:46:36+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/CacheController.php on line 104 2017-03-30T09:00:03+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/lib/Zend/Controller/Request/Http.php on line 508 2017-03-30T09:00:03+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/lib/Zend/Controller/Request/Http.php on line 514

Exception. log

exception 'Mage_Core_Exception' with message 'Unable to process order. Please check entered credit card information and try again or use a different payment method.
Processor response: (201)' in /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/Mage.php:595
Stack trace:
#0 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/local/Mage/Firstdataglobalgateway/Model/Firstdataglobalgateway.php(2): Mage::throwException('Unable to proce...')
#1 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Payment.php(443): Mage_Firstdataglobalgateway_Model_Firstdataglobalgateway->capture(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment), '124.49')
#2 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Invoice.php(395): Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment->capture(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Invoice))
#3 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Payment.php(608): Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Invoice->capture()
#4 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Payment.php(410): Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment->_invoice()
#5 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Payment.php(348): Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment->capture(NULL)
#6 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order.php(896): Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment->place()
#7 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order.php(1114): Mage_Sales_Model_Order->_placePayment()
#8 [internal function]: Mage_Sales_Model_Order->place()
#9 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Transaction.php(105): call_user_func(Array)
#10 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Transaction.php(159): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Transaction->_runCallbacks()
#11 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Service/Quote.php(189): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Transaction->save()
#12 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Service/Quote.php(249): Mage_Sales_Model_Service_Quote->submitOrder()
#13 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/Onepage.php(812): Mage_Sales_Model_Service_Quote->submitAll()
#14 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php(579): Mage_Checkout_Model_Type_Onepage->saveOrder()
#15 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Checkout_OnepageController->saveOrderAction()
#16 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('saveOrder')
#17 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#18 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(365): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#19 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#20 /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/index.php(83): Mage::run('', 'store')
#21 {main}
Webserver Error Log
[Fri Sep 29 20:07:33 2017] [error] [client 108.167.142.90] client denied by server configuration: /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/etc/local.xml
[Fri Sep 29 20:07:09 2017] [error] [client 108.167.142.90] client denied by server configuration: /home1/hannahtemi/public_html/app/etc/local.xm

Well, it seems you have the answer (partially) on that log message.

It seems the module that  thrown that exception is Firstdataglobalgateway. Sounds familiar?

Maybe you can check with the module vendor or payment gateway why those transactions are failing.

Hello,

thank you for your response. To answer your question, Firstdata global gateway is our payment gateway. The errors in the exception log may have misguided you. The reason I said this is that: After the initial incident with the customer in which the final step reverted back to shopping cart but when I checked the payment gateway which is Firstdata, the customer was charged.

So while trying to figure out what the issue is, I used a dummy credit card number  to test the issue which of course it would come back as payment declined. So it was that error that was logged in the exception log. 

I tried this process again, today using my own credit card and purchased an item on our website. As I got reverted back to shopping cart. However, the payment went through because I checked our Firstdata account and the money was there. I checked the exception error log but nothing was logged other than the old errors that I have posted here. I also talked to someone at Firstdata and they said the issue is not from them  especially that the payment is being processed but that it is magento issue. This is very frustrating. Please help!

Hi @debby2015,

Can you share the full name of the module?

Is an official implementation or a custom made?

Hello Damian,

I am very willing to share anything about the site or template with you. You said to share the full name of the module.

What module are you referring to? 

If you can guide me as to find it in the cPanel like you did the first time that would be nice. I am using magento ver. 1.9.2.3

I purchased the magento template at template.com and then installed it. There was no customization.

Thank you so much!

Hi @debby2015,

The First Data Global Gateway module isn't part of Magento by default so I guess somebody installed that module.

It seems (beacuse the error you shared) you have some issue there at the checkout with the payment gateway.

The error you shared at the begining says:

Unable to process order. Please check entered credit card information and try again or use a different payment method.

So I guess the problem is with the payment gatway but in that case my recomendation should be to ask the gateway (but maybe you should ask to the vendor of the module about what could mean that message and how to solve it)

Hello,

thank you for your response.

The payment gateway is not the problem like I stated and explained in the previous response. The error that was logged was because we used a credit card that was not going to be accepted to test if the payment gateway works.

I just used my personal credit card on the website and it went through. The primary issue still remains. After the last step of checkout it reverts back to shopping cart but payment went through without a problem.

Thanks

If you use another payment gateway you got the same error?