Did you mean: 

Order Placement Failure

Order Placement Failure

Payment transaction failed.

Reason
Billing state/province is required.

Checkout Type
onepage

Recieving this once customer places order. Only happens on orders outside US.  Information is being added by text. Dropdown selection box disappears once country is selected. How do we fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Order Placement Failure

It sounds as if you have Authorize.net. I believe they require you to submit a billing state/province regardless. If you go to the admin under System->Configuration->General->General, there will be a group called States Options. Inside there will be a multiselect called State is required for. Here you need to select the countries you will be selling to. This forces the user to set a state/province on checkout.

Alternatively, you could possibly contact Authorize.net (I'm assuming it's them) and ask them to remove the state/province restriction as you are processing foreign countries which might not have states.

Re: Order Placement Failure

Thank you for your response but we don't currently use Authorize.net . We are using Ecorepay. I don't know if it is the same and if they have the same type settings but have sent an e-mail to them. Should hear back to them by monday or hopefully sooner. My new question is as follows: What file do i adjust to remove the countries from the state list you spoke of before?

Once again thank you for your response.

Re: Order Placement Failure/ State/province selection dropdown box malfuncton

ok so lets try it differently . Once country, other then U.S. is  selected , state/province dropdown box dissapears and id replaced with a text input style area. Once state/ province is manualy added and all other info is completed it kicks back to billing address page stating state/province info required. any ideas?

Even if it's in the form of a text input which is normal since not all countries in magento have populated select fields for states, it should work. Are there any modifications to the cart? That could be why it's not passing the text field state/province to the controller.

1.order failure malfuction

2. ecorepay extension module added

3.still has order malfunction

4.updated magento from1.9.1 to 1.9.2

5. now once a product is selected it doesn't add to cart instead we recieve this on the page it opens

Whoops, our bad...
The page you requested was not found, and we have a fine guess why.
  • If you typed the URL directly, please make sure the spelling is correct.
  • If you clicked on a link to get here, the link is outdated.
What can you do? Have no fear, help is near! There are many ways you can get back on track with Magento Store.
  • Go back to the previous page.
  • Use the search bar at the top of the page to search for your products.
  • Follow these links to get you back on track!
    Store Home | My Account

and this is now the url for the page it is displaying,which I am being told is wrong but I don't know, ;

www.mysite.com/checkout/cart/myadd/?product=4&qty=1