cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order confirmation email not sending

Order confirmation email not sending

Hi guys i have huge issue. I'm new with magento and i must say this is AWESOME CMS. I wil use only magento for ecommerce for now Smiley Happy 

Problem is next,  when i make order  

http://www.hemanitrading.co.uk/hemani-green-tea/herbal-tea

All is fine, checkout payment etc.. i get confirmation from paypal that payment is sent etc. But problem is next  I like a admin ( seller) i'm not getting any confirmation email that people made order. I'm getting emails that people fill the form , created account etc.. but i'm not getting email when people make an order. 

I asked my hosting company and they sent me reply like this please check :

At this time I am not seeing that there looks to be anything on the server that should be blocking the emails from being sent out. At this time now that the emails are attempting to be sent out I am now seeing the below error within the Magento Exception log. I have to point out the the Magento Logs report in UTC so the 14:10 UTC is 10:10 EDT.

2015-08-26T14:10:03+00:00 ERR (3): exception 'Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception' with message 'Missing To header' in /home/allclients/public_html/hemanitrading.co.uk/lib/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:182Stack trace:#0 /home/allclients/public_html/hemanitrading.co.uk/lib/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(337): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_prepareHeaders(Array)#1 /home/allclients/public_html/hemanitrading.co.uk/lib/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))#2 /home/allclients/public_html/hemanitrading.co.uk/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Queue.php(236): Zend_Mail->send()#3 [internal function]: Mage_Core_Model_Email_Queue->send(Object(Mage_Cron_Model_Schedule))#4 /home/allclients/public_html/hemanitrading.co.uk/app/code/core/Mage/Cron/Model/Observer.php(326): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /home/allclients/public_html/hemanitrading.co.uk/app/code/core/Mage/Cron/Model/Observer.php(72): Mage_Cron_Model_Observer->_processJob(Object(Mage_Cron_Model_Schedule), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element))#6 /home/allclients/public_html/hemanitrading.co.uk/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1357): Mage_Cron_Model_Observer->dispatch(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))#7 /home/allclients/public_html/hemanitrading.co.uk/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1336): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Mage_Cron_Model_Observer), 'dispatch', Object(Varien_Event_Observer))#8 /home/allclients/public_html/hemanitrading.co.uk/app/Mage.php(448): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent('default', Array)#9 /home/allclients/public_html/hemanitrading.co.uk/cron.php(77): Mage::dispatchEvent('default')#10 {main}

Looking at the error it seems that the below is the main error.

2015-08-26T14:10:03+00:00 ERR (3): exception 'Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception' with message 'Missing To header' in /home/allclients/public_html/hemanitrading.co.uk/lib/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:182

This error looks to be produced ever 5 minutes when the cron is being called. While researching into the error it seems that there may be an issue with the Magento template being used to send the Emails. With this error coming straight from Magento I would recommend speaking with a Magento Specific Developer since they have more information into where to look and how to repair issues like this.

The above mentioned error seems to be the only error I am able to find at this time. I have checked the other error logs at this time and I am not seeing that things look to be being produced at this time. Please let me know if this information helps or if you have any other questions.

Guys i'm struggling with this even 5 days so your help will be appriciate, i'm using ultimo theme .

Thanks, Reuf

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Order confirmation email not sending

Hi,

in the admin can you check that ' Send Order Email Copy To' is filled in at:

System > configuration > Sales > Sales Emails

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

First thank you for your interested in my post. Yes all is filled but again i have this issue, I'm using magento 1.9.1 and ultimo theme but maybe i made mistake when installed ultimo with demo store, i didnt install fresh magento and then theme, can that be a cause and is there any way to install fresh magento over this demo store without losing any data ? 

Okay,

Could you now look inside the core_email_queue_recipients table... there should be 5 columns..

recipient_id, message_id, recipient_email, recipient_name, email_type

Do you have any rows in there where recipient_email is empty? If so.. what position in the table are they??

Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi , all email that I tested and requests are there 

You can check from this screenshoot  http://prntscr.com/89f76s

Hi,

When you cleared the test data out, did you go both core_email_queue_recipients and core_email_queue tables? Are there any entries in core_email_queue that don't have one in core_email_queue_recipients - that would cause the wrong thing to be sent to Zend_Mail,

Regards,

Aaron

www.iweb.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi Aaron 

What do you mean with Zend Email , is magento using that as default or i need extension , i'm really new here with magento so i will apriciate if we can sort this , maybe it is small issue but i'm struggling almost 5 days Smiley Sad 

Thanks, Reuf

Hi,

Zend_Mail is the class that Magento uses for sending your email. Your problem may be caused because, after clearing out test data, you've missed some rows in either the core_email_queue_recipients or core_email_queue tables. If you don't care about emails in that table, you can truncate them both in MySQL:

TRUNCATE TABLE core_email_queue_recipients;
TRUNCATE TABLE core_email_queue;

and see if placing a test order after this fixes the problem for you,

Regards,

Aaron

Hi, Aaron 

Thank you for helping me to sort this out, i really appriciate, so you are telling me that i need to run this code in mysql ? 

TRUNCATE TABLE core_email_queue_recipients;TRUNCATE TABLE core_email_queue;

Thanks ,Reuf

Hi,

Yes, but it will delete any email that is queued up within Magento - but should fix it from now on,

Regards,

Aaron