cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order emails not working

SOLVED

Order emails not working

I have been trying everything to get order emails to work on a new Magento 1.9.2.1 installation. Depsite everything being enabled under System > Configuration > Sales > Sales Emails and setting up a proper cron in cPanel, nothing ever happens. I have setup the same exact cron in cPanel for another installation and it works fine. Nothing I do seems to matter. Nothing ever gets populated in the cron_schedule table and the core_email_queue table has the email there (with nothing in the "processed_at" field).

I'm desperately trying to get this store online tonight... can anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Order emails not working

Oddly, when I copied the cron.php and cron.sh from another installation in a subfolder of the account, it started working normally. I really don't know why the original files caused this behavior; the permissions and ownership of the files were identical, as were the contents.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

This actually is now resolved. It looks like an Mage_Core_Exception was causing the problem. Once i took care of it it... presto, everything works. Smiley Happy

Actually this is not solved. After the cron_schedule was initially populated, it sent out the previously-queued emails... but new emails are NOT sent and all the "pending" scheduled tasks from a couple days ago still show as pending. Also, there is nothing in the logs now.

Oddly, when I copied the cron.php and cron.sh from another installation in a subfolder of the account, it started working normally. I really don't know why the original files caused this behavior; the permissions and ownership of the files were identical, as were the contents.

Magento had set the order email to be sent by schedule job instead of instant email.

If your mail system(smtp, zend_mail) works fine; disabling mailQueue may solve your problem.

Change Line 407

if ($this->hasQueue() && $this->getQueue() instanceof Mage_Core_Model_Email_Queue) {

to

if (false /\*$this->hasQueue() && $this->getQueue() instanceof Mage_Core_Model_Email_Queue\*/) {

Where do we find this script?

its in 

app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template.php

and just add an exclamation mark before $this->hasQueue() so it reads
if (!$this->hasQueue() && $this->getQueue() instanceof Mage_Core_Model_Email_Queue) {

works fine now for me Magento ver. 1.9.2.1 CE

Changing to this "if (!$this->hasQueue() && $this->getQueue() instanceof Mage_Core_Model_Email_Queue) {" worked for me. I am now receiving orders via email. I'n not sure if it was this change or changes to my cronjob in go daddy cpanel. I will post them below as it my help someone else:

php /home/printer/yourdomainname.com/cron.sh > /dev/null

wget -O /dev/null -q http://www.yourdomainname.com/cron.sh > /dev/null

php /home/printer/yourdomainname.com/cron.php > /dev/null

wget -O /dev/null -q http://www.yourdomainname.com/cron.php > /dev/null