cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP 5.6 support

PHP 5.6 support

From tomorrow PHP 5.5 will not receive security fixes and will be completely off of support.

So new version/patch is expected to be released for Magento 1.x because if not, than that means M1 goes out of support and to end of life. I'd like to get information on that in order to know what I have to do with the existing projects. Thanks!

Senior Web Developer
6 REPLIES 6

Re: PHP 5.6 support

Hi @Kostadin Anev, we do have a M1 update in the works that will address this but I don't have an exact date for you yet.

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

Good to know that new version will be available, but I believe the time of release is of import for the whole community not only for me, as currently all M1 shops are running on unsupported PHP versions (by Zend Technologies) or on supported but not officially supported by Magento. It is a bit disappointing for me as a professional to see Magento reaching that point, because that is compromising the security of a lot of shops, without any prior public information on what will happen with M1 (or I miss it).

We will appreciate if Magento shares a period for the next release supporting PHP 5.6!

Thank you! ( :

Senior Web Developer

Any updates on how the work is going?

Senior Web Developer

Hi @Kostadin Anev, it is still in the works however I don't have an ETA for you yet.

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

Hi,

Any updates on this?

I have multiple sites failing a PCI scan that are running Magento CE 1.9.X and desperately need to run the upgrade to PHP 5.6

Regards,

Neal

No ETA yet, however a lot of CE sites are already running on PHP 5.6 (including mine).

I would create a staging account and test your site.

You can also see some of the code has been changed in later versions:

if (PHP_VERSION_ID < 50600) {
                iconv_set_encoding('internal_encoding', 'UTF-8');
            } else {
                ini_set('default_charset', 'UTF-8');
            }
-Kris
4x Certified, Blogger @ xgento.com