cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal checkout button takes me back to cart

Paypal checkout button takes me back to cart

Hello there, I'm having a lot of trouble setting up Paypal in Magento CE 1.9.2.3. I've set it up with the correct API and credentials, all the permissions are correct (755 for folders and 644 for files, if that has anything to do with it), but when I do a test run and try to checkout by clicking on the Paypal option, instead of taking me to Paypal's page it just takes me back to the shopping cart. I never leave the website at all. Specifically, this URL: http://[STOREURL.com]/index.php/paypal/express/start/button/1/

I've looked at Abstract.php in /app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Controller/Express and I can't see anything wrong with it (but I could be wrong) and I don't have a clue what the problem is. I am using Paypal Payments Standard (with Express Checkout) with the merchant country in Hong Kong, but I've tried other countries and it doesn't work either. I am using the Porto Magento theme, but I imagine that there must be others using the same theme who are getting Paypal working properly (but feel free to suggest anything!)  Is there something I've missed or a setting I need to turn on/off? Any help would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Paypal checkout button takes me back to cart

Hi

You can other solution? i have the same problem.

thank you

Re: Paypal checkout button takes me back to cart

Yes, I found a solution, and unlike some people I won't PM people asking to
pay me before offering to fix it. Note that this worked for me, and might
not work for you. You need to go to php.ini in your Magento install
directory in FTP and make sure curl_exec is not in the disable_functions list.
If it is, delete curl_exec from that list ONLY , and Paypal should work. If it doesn't, there will
usually be an error message when you try to do a test purchase and you can
fix that very easily in Magento's settings in the admin page.