cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prices reduced by 10% if changing images. Wierd. Any ideas?

Prices reduced by 10% if changing images. Wierd. Any ideas?

Hey guys,

We have a Magento 1.9.3.2 install that is having the strangest issue since a recent upgrade. When I import a product from another system, the price comes in correctly, and 10% GST is added to the price as we expect and all is as it should be in the front and back end in terms of price.

However, if I then go and change which image is to show as the thumbnail etc. and hit save, all of a sudden the price changes to the original price MINUS the 10% and instead of additional, and puts it on "sale" in the front end as now the price is below the original price.

So it goes like this:

1. Import a product for $100 before tax
  2. Tax is added correctly to make it $110 in the front end, everything is correct
  3. Edit the product to change which image is to show as a thumb etc.
  4. Save
  5. Now product show as $90 and on sale in the front end!

It means we can't update any products once they hit Magento and are cutting into our margins anytime we want to update a products images. My guess is the image change triggers some type of re-calculation of the product which is wrong.

Oddly, after a while (up to 24 hours usually), the price will reset itself to the correct price, I assume because some scheduled task has run and "cleaned" it up or something.

I'm at a complete loss on this one, anyone have some ideas where to look first or had this before?

Thanks guys! Any help would be a life saver Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1

Re: Prices reduced by 10% if changing images. Wierd. Any ideas?

Anyone with any ideas on this, I am at a complete loss.