cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with our newsletter (sending more than 1 to customers)

Problem with our newsletter (sending more than 1 to customers)

We use Magento 1.9.2 for our webshop and it works well with sending email as notifications, payment confirmation, registration etc. But we have an issue with the newsletter. Our customers are getting the newsletter but not 1 email (newsletter) but 3 or 4 of it at the same time.

This issue we have recently and I'm looking for a solution for this because it is quite disturbing for our customers. If anyone know what I have to do to fix this that would be great. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Problem with our newsletter (sending more than 1 to customers)

Hi @hugovd,

Are you using some 3rd-party system or just Magento out-f-the-box?

Is the cron.php file accesible from the browser?

It's an older version of Magento 1.9.2 running on a VPS and because we had with outlook.com some problems with "sending to the spam folder" we use ASchroder.com SMTP email with SMTP2GO as outgoing server. About the cron.php file. It's not accesible from the browser. ASchroder.com has I read also a premium version with a lot of improvements. I don't know if that will help because we had before no problems with it and the last month no changes we made in Magento.

@hugovd,

If I'm not wrong that module allows to log inside Magento all emails sent.

Can you temporary enable that option to check if the problem is Magento trying to send several times the same email?

Thanks for your response an sorry for the late reaction.

Aschroder.com is correct our extension for sending email to customers.

Can you tell me where I have to look because it's sending not equal numbers the last time.

And can it has  to do with the last critical message we got where PATCH 9652 has to install for.?

@hugovd,

Sorry but I'm not aware about some relation between that patch and some possible problems with that module.

Maybe you can try to get official support with that module.