cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Categories not showing up when editting a product

Product Categories not showing up when editting a product

When I click on the tab "Categories" when editting a product, nothing shows up in the main content area(see screenshot).

Categories tab when editting product

This might be a problem with the categories specifically however, because we are also experiencing problems on the Manage Categories part of the site as well. With this particular issue, we see the editor tools appear for a second then they disappear and can not be found in the <div> they should be inside of.(see next screenshot).

Manage Categories

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Product Categories not showing up when editting a product

Can you enable your browsers console and see if there are any javascript errors in there?

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

No, I do not see any javascript errors in the console. When I take "Collect Javascript CPU Profile" and compare it to another magento site we run, they appear to be doing the same stuff. And there are some warnings and errors in the javascript profile but a lot of the warnings/errors are shared between both sites.

Again, the form shows up and then disappears. I have seen this phenomon in some other posts elsewhere but have not yet found a solution.

In that case; could you disable all your extensions (on a development site) and try again and see if the issue persists?

If it doesn't - then enable them one by one re-testing after each step until you find your problem extension.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner