cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Pages with parameter Redirected too many times

SOLVED

Product Pages with parameter Redirected too many times

I have a M1.9.2.3 store. I get  "redirected too many times" errors when a product page has a parameter appended to the URL. 

For example a product url of "mystore.com/kingman-stabilized-bead-necklace-27nbead" si fine

The  same url appended with ?mcvmm ie "mystore.com/kingman-stabilized-bead-necklace-27nbead?mcvmm" is fine but "mystore.com/kingman-stabilized-bead-necklace-27nbead?mcvmm&ccccc" generates the redirect error.  The same parameter string appended to a non product url i.e catalog or cms page  works fine. 

Ive tried combinations of turning off/on permanent redirect, emptying the url rewrites table,  reindexing and clearing caches between config changes. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Product Pages with parameter Redirected too many times

4 REPLIES 4

HELP!

I am trying to use mailchimp to eblast new products. The extra parameters are inserted by mailchimp into the eblast to tack clicks etc but are not stripped when clicking through to the store. Regardless magento should be resilient to the url with the parameters. 

A temporary solution. I unchecked ecommerce tracking in the mailchimp campaign. The tracking parameters are not inserted and all works as advertised. I suspect the maichimp integration i have installed in M1.9 is old. In the meantime my eblasts work fine

I had this problem too, turned out to be related to the Creare SEO plugin: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33589266/err-too-many-redirects-on-product-page-on-magento

Fantastic. Either of the  suggestion, (disable canonical redirect) or the patch to creareseo worked great.