cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Review Page Remove from Cart Problem

Product Review Page Remove from Cart Problem

In 1.9, when trying to remove a product from cart while on a product review page, the system throws an invalid form key error.  There is no problem removing products on other pages.

I've seen this over, and over again on several installations.  Can anyone reproduce this or shed some light on what is happening?

Invalid form key
Trace: #0 /var/www/dev/ares/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/CartController.php(604): Mage::throwException('Invalid form ke...') #1 /var/www/dev/ares/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Checkout_CartController->ajaxDeleteAction() #2 /var/www/dev/ares/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('ajaxDelete') #3 /var/www/dev/ares/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http)) #4 /var/www/dev/ares/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(365): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() #5 /var/www/dev/ares/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array) #6 /var/www/dev/ares/index.php(83): Mage::run('', 'store') #7 {main}

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Product Review Page Remove from Cart Problem

Are you using a older theme or the standard Magento theme? Any core edits?

Usually, when you get that error, it is usually because this is missing:

<?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey')?>   
-Kris
4x Certified, Blogger @ xgento.com

Hi.

This is the RWD theme in 1.9.2.2 with no modifications.  I've seen it on multiple installations.

I grepped the app folder recursively for the code you mentioned and nothing was found.

Where should this code be inserted?

Thanks.

i am having the same problem. did you find the solution for this problem? i also noticed while using firefox inspect element that there are is no event associated with remove item link on product review page, which is not the case on any other page.

Nope.  Never found a solution.

couldn't get back earlier, i apologize for that. how did you work around that?

couldn't get back earlier, I apologize for that. how did you work around that?

I don't have a workaround. I still have the problem. I just figure the
chances are pretty small that someone will remove something from the cart
on the review page. Just left it at that since I don't have a solution.
It's definitely not perfect.