cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Review being marked as guest (even when customer logged in)

Product Review being marked as guest (even when customer logged in)

Hi, I was wondering if someone possibly knows how to fix a problem we have been getting.  We are running Magento 1.9, and our store is setup not to allow guests to leave product reviews.  Now although you have to login to leave the review (and the name field is automatically filled out for you) as soon as the review is left, then in the admin system the review is marked as a guest review with no way of knowing who has left it.

Any advice on how to change this would be greatly appreciated.  thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Product Review being marked as guest (even when customer logged in)

@teddybear If you want guest users can also post their review then ass additional field like email, name into review form so you should get idea. And if do not want guest customers review then disable it from System >> Configuration >> Catalog >> Product review.

Cheers

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

@GauravMehta04 we have guest customer reviews disabled already in the system but when a registered customer leaves a review it is marked as a "guest" review still (i.e. doesn't list it is a customer review).  Any ideas why?

Still have the problem - anyone else have any ideas as to why the reviews aren't linked to a customer account?

Thanks