cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products are showing up under magento subcategories but not on categories - system

Products are showing up under magento subcategories but not on categories - system

I'm having an issue as I have to organise some products to display on the top of the pages on the website. It works on the subcategories and I change the position, everything fine. But when I go to the main category (389 products) for example, it doesn't shows up any products. When on the website, it shows up all the products (389). In some other categories it shows some products on magento, but not all the ones that are showing up on the website. Does anyone knows what can be happening and how I can make the products appear under the category on magento to change the positions? I'm using Magento ver. 1.9.1.0

Untitled.jpg

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Products are showing up under magento subcategories but not on categories - system

Hi @NKP28,

Even though you can associate the product with a subcategory, you have to manually associate it with the parent category as well.

That can be done in 2 ways:

1. Through the product edit page by marking the "checkbox" for the category and the subcategory
  2. Through the "Manage Categories" page by using the grid in the "Category Products" tab.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.