cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products not updating on CSV import with Replace Complex Data selected

Products not updating on CSV import with Replace Complex Data selected

I am working on a Magento 1.9.2.3 site. I had been able to import the products form an older site and had been able to bulk update products (re-categorize them or change their layouts), using the CSV import on a number of occasions.

Recently, I tried to change the "set New" dates using the CSV but the updates were not being shown in the products even after reindexing and clearing the cache.

I initially thought, "OK, I can't update this particular product property with CSV import." And I moved on.

Yesterday, I learned that I had duplicate custom attributes on nearly all products.

Today, I tried to import an older CSV where I could see only one set of attributes/fields and no duplicate data. I selected Replace Existing Complex Data and imported successfully. I reindexed and cleared the cache. But the products are not being updated/replaced.

I also tried to use the CSV import to delete products and thought it appeared successful, but all the products remained.

I then removed a SINGLE product. And I tried to reimport that one product via the CSV. The import appeared successful and again, I reindexed and cleared the cache. But the product is not appearing in the backend.

Does anyone know why the import, which previously worked, would be no longer updating/replacing products? (or adding products)